Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 questions related to Vauban and the Anti toxin mod

Agentcheese

Question

Recently I've started playing vauban more often and I've really enjoyed his 3rd skill. I forget the name of it, but its the one where you call down an orbital strike.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to effect its radius. The default radius is fairly decent, but i would love to catch more enemies in the blast. Specifically on Deimos, the new infested map.

My second question relates to that map. As I was doing bounties I found that I was dying quite fast. So I put a max rank anti-toxin on my vauban prime. I did it mainly to survive taking hits from the giant infested worms that can gas proc you a lot. Is this pointless since it would be doing gas damage and not toxin or did I have the right idea?

4 answers to this question

Vauban isn’t really a complicated frame but, like with most frames, you gotta remember that Mods effects aren’t always reflected in the power animation. All of Vaubans powers benefit from Range mods like Stretch including the orbital laser, enemies will be struck further away from the middle of modded for it. 

As for survivability you generally have a few options. At end game most players get lazy and rely on Adaptation and Arcane Guardian duo to survive most anything. Without those dealing with DoTs usually either mean out healing them like with Life Strike/Healing Return or reducing their duration severely with Rapid Resilience. Of course their are tons of other niche options like consumables or pets that heal you but debuffs happen, especially on a frame like Vauban where all yer survivability relies on preparation and controlling the battlefield. 

1 hour ago, Erondight said:

Vauban isn’t really a complicated frame but, like with most frames, you gotta remember that Mods effects aren’t always reflected in the power animation. All of Vaubans powers benefit from Range mods like Stretch including the orbital laser, enemies will be struck further away from the middle of modded for it. 

As for survivability you generally have a few options. At end game most players get lazy and rely on Adaptation and Arcane Guardian duo to survive most anything. Without those dealing with DoTs usually either mean out healing them like with Life Strike/Healing Return or reducing their duration severely with Rapid Resilience. Of course their are tons of other niche options like consumables or pets that heal you but debuffs happen, especially on a frame like Vauban where all yer survivability relies on preparation and controlling the battlefield. 

Got it. In fact that answered my first question about the orbital strike ability.

I'm not going to mark my question as answered just yet, since I still want to know if antitoxin protects you from gas damage. You make a good point about the arcanes and adaptation. I don't have any arcane garudian's, but I do have a single adaptation. Its just a little difficult to stick it onto some builds though since I only have a single adaptation. 

Can't have a bunch of them all at different levels like I can with antitoxin yet. I do plan to buy more copies of adaptation though.

Honestly dunno about Gas since as far as I know elements have no crossover. Each damage type is specific with how the percentile system works against the different armor types. Heck I’ve never even heard of people running resistance mods since mid slot real estate is so precious.

Also please note I meant the ‘Adaptation’ mod. It’s probably the most OP bit of singular mod space since it dropped in Arbitration. People combine the 90% damage resistance with the 1500 armor from Arcane Guardian to be nearly immune at endgame. Really that’s why Deimos is so proc heavy as it’s a work around to Adaptations pseudo immortality. 

16 minutes ago, Erondight said:

Honestly dunno about Gas since as far as I know elements have no crossover. Each damage type is specific with how the percentile system works against the different armor types. Heck I’ve never even heard of people running resistance mods since mid slot real estate is so precious.

Also please note I meant the ‘Adaptation’ mod. It’s probably the most OP bit of singular mod space since it dropped in Arbitration. People combine the 90% damage resistance with the 1500 armor from Arcane Guardian to be nearly immune at endgame. Really that’s why Deimos is so proc heavy as it’s a work around to Adaptations pseudo immortality. 

But rapid resilience can effectively block procs, so it'll only take one more mod slot to make yourself nigh-unstoppable.

Archived