Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Critical Changes.

Naqel

Supposedly critical hits will become more than just extra damage(proccing elemental mods, ect.), and more relevant in general.

I suggest single versions of all weapons with akimbo counterparts get a better critical hit chance then their dual wielded versions.

It would help to further distinguish them from the currently always superior akimbo guns.

Supposedly critical hits will become more than just extra damage(proccing elemental mods, ect.), and more relevant in general.

I suggest single versions of all weapons with akimbo counterparts get a better critical hit chance then their dual wielded versions.

It would help to further distinguish them from the currently always superior akimbo guns.

Last i heard, upcoming elemental proc chance is now separate from gun critical chance.

It was an idea for elements to be on crits, and that idea was scrapped.

Even with that, the point still stands.

Right now single versions of akimbo weapons are just flat out worse. Giving them that little bit of something to make them worthwhile would go a long way.

Even with that, the point still stands.

Right now single versions of akimbo weapons are just flat out worse. Giving them that little bit of something to make them worthwhile would go a long way.

Tell that to Vasto and its akimbo counter part which both even out.

Single Vasto reloads very fast, has better accuracy and even a polarity slot.

It really is a solid choice and flexible gun. I forma'd mine two times and it was fun to use.

The changes make sense to me because one weapon is hold with two hands and so it should be more accurate and therefore be able to deliver more critical hits.

I like this idea, because now the single versions have an advantage on their own instead of just beeing inferior in most cases.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

I can understand the issue between the desire for akimbo variants to have some desirable trait relative to the single version but I don't think it should be a DPS measure.  I prefer single Vasto for style.  Sure I have to reload more often but my damage is reliable for shots fired and what I suffer from is the reload. 

But let's not look at the problem by the number DPS and look at it from gameplay.  I have 8 shots in my Vasto.  I also have three targets.  I can kill two and wound the other before I reload.  Dual Vasto I can reliably kill all three and maybe more before reload. This can save my bacon.  That's a TANGIBLE difference that should be appreciated.  That difference disappears when the enemy is a bulletsponge and the reload gap is minimized.

That tangible difference I feel is not enough to get me to change to a dual vasto and I deal with it.

As for critical hit %, damage, element proc, single and akimbo variants shouldn't have a difference.  Major differences should lie between firearms, not single/akimbo variants.  Viper vs Twin Viper should have no difference between their crit/element proc etc and the only real difference should be reload time and maybe accuracy as a matter of pragmatism.  To demand anything else is silly.