Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we talk about deimos steel path?

Caobie

Specifically in the cambion drift, the frequency and strength of 1 unit is waaaaay beyond that of any other. if youve been in doing the rep grind like i have and been only doing the SP bounty you know what im talking about. the unit that is immune to all CC or knockdown, has several shield bypassing status inflictions, has 3 powerful ranged options and seems to get spammed at your face at every opportunity. the jugulus, you know it and if youre like me, you hate it. at least at the steel path level. no other enemy on deimos even comes close to the tankiness and sheer power of this unit and while SP is supposed to be a challenge, and i get that, having 1 unit take clip after clip after clip to kill while everything else at that level dies in just a few hits should not be what happens.

i cant even properly simulate it in the simulacrum but consider the math with me. Steel path gives the enemy 250% armor and health (and shields but thats not exactly important for infested). jugulus has base 1600 fossilized armor and 300 sinew health. with the steel path modifier that makes their armor 5600 fossilized and 1050 sinew. compare that to a normal carnis which is a fairly common spawn with a base of 800 fossilized and 50 sinew thats half and 1/6th lower respectively. A carnis rex has the exact same fossilized armor as the jugulus but half the infested sinew and has a much rarer spawn rate, in fact i only ever really see rexes in iso vaults...which at most are half the level of SP. now granted theyre an uncommon enemy in the vaults, seen often enough to notice but they arent the only enemy you see, unlike certain times during the SP bounty when ive had and seen no joke 30 jugulus spawn at once. in fact thinking about it, outside of the iso vault bounties i rarely see any of the other special more powerful infested spawn...once in a while ill see a saxum but i cant recall the last time i saw a therid outside of an iso vault not to mention a juggernaut!

alright i think i'll end my rant there. all id like is for DE to take a look at the spawn rates of the jugulus, theyre too strong (i didnt even get into their attacks here but boy oh boy do they have some killer gas procs) for how common they are in SP, increased rates is fine but what we've seen since launch is a bit on the ridiculous side of things. thanks to whoever for reading and have a nice day 🙂

Archived