Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problems with Grendel

-Onyx-Phalian

I have been getting back into Grendel lately and I have noticed a few things in his kit which could use some tweaks. Whether or not he is in need of a rework is up for debate but he is surely in need of a few tweaks here and there to help him feel a bit smoother in game play. I would be going each of Grendel's abilities for a refresher and say how I believe they can be tweaked in order to help Grendel turn Missions into a 3 Course Meal. Please note that the changes are only suggestions. I simply wish to get the Grendel ball rolling about how to help our favorite hungry boy. 

Passive: Grendel gains 50 armor per enemy in his stomach. 
I like this and don't want it to change at all. 

1) Feast: "Get in my belly!" This is your Eat ability, 
Changes: This ability has a drain as well as a casting cost. The drain can be very detrimental as it is multiplied by the number of enemies in your stomach. This discourages the player from gathering enemies which all of his abilities need to function. A way to fix this would be to double the base drain but to have it be static regardless of how many enemies you have in your stomach. 

2) Nourish: Digesting an enemy to get one of three buffs and healing.
Changes: There are one of two things I would do to help this ability. Either A) Increase the healing because only healing 20 HP at base is ridiculous, or B) Remove the Healing and increase the duration of the buff. These changes are to help Grendel actually use this ability as most builds would have Duration lowered to having more than 1 enemy in your stomach doesn't drain you like an Eximus Leach in an Infested map. Also the heal is so minuscule they should either buff it or remove it as right now it does next to no healing. You're guaranteed to take more damage from standing still to cast it than it would heal. 

3) Regurgitate: Slit an enemy across the map into his friends.
Changes: This one is a simple buff as currently the spit up from his Feast does everything better except for range. This would be a simple buff of the ability also doing damage that is proportional to the total HP of the enemy you just spat up into his friend's face. I mean if you toss a Grineer Bombard into a Butcher, of course it should do a lot more damage then vice-versa. 

4) Pulverize: Slam into the enemy as a wrecking ball.
Changes: I like most of Pulverize and wouldn't change most of the numbers. The only problem I have is the inertia and momentum when fighting up hill. It's almost impossible to climb up hill or stairs without a lot of momentum behind you. 

Archived