Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture Base bounties not spawning enough enemies

Xarteros

Noted this quite badly on Cambion Drift, but now that I'm farming duplicate frames to subsume from the bounties on OV/PoE, I'm noticing the same thing there too.

The problem: There are not enough enemy spawns in the 'Capture Base' bounty objectives (Clear hostiles, defend territory for X minutes, each kill adds Y% to the control counter, side-objective is to remain over 50% control at all times).

Why it needs fixing: Without sufficient enemies, the control counter just ticks down towards failure. I failed 3 bounties in a row just now because there weren't enough spawns to succeed the objective at all, let alone the bonus objective. It's something that has no bearing on player skill, since there's nothing we can do to succeed if the enemies refuse to spawn.

Ways to fix it: (Note, not all suggestions need to be used. Any one of them might improve the situation)

1. Mark all enemies on the map within the defense zone, to prevent enemies hiding/getting stuck and improving the odds of players finding and reaching them
  2. Prevent Control % from degrading if there are no enemies within the defense zone, or even put a limit on it so more than X enemies need to be present before lowering Control % (prevents a single maggot from defeating the group)
  3. Make some form of line-of-sight detection system that automatically respawns/kills/teleports enemies that don't have line of sight to the middle of the zone for over X seconds (prevents spawns inside terrain, objects, caves etc that are beyond player reach)
  4. Make a series of objective terminals/objects that an enemy has to reach and interact with in order to decrease Control % (like miniature interception nodes, but the player need not take control of)
  5. Increase the spawns drastically, even if it means lowering their base level and reducing the amount of Control % granted from killing them to balance it
  6. Reduce the size of the defense zone, and make it more like a single large interception zone

It's just a progress stopper. I don't know if it's because I play Solo, or if it's just RNG, or it's only in set areas or what, but it's unfair and has a myriad of potential fixes to stop it.

4 hours ago, Xarteros said:

Prevent Control % from degrading if there are no enemies within the defense zone

I definitely remember this being a thing when I did PoE bounties.

As for Cambion Drift, the zones are often located under large infested trees, and I noticed enemies often spawn on top of trees without going anywhere.

That said, the spawns should be increased by a lot, and not only during bounties. Cambion Drift feels empty.

Archived