Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Corpus/grineer Fraction Warframes

TheWackyWombat

So when [DE] announced that we’d be fighting with either the Corpus or the Grineer in the next event, I thought the idea was awesome. It also got me thinking.

What if you could do more than just fight with them? What if you could get a warframe based on your alliance to one of the fractions? Based on that idea, I designed the following. I hope you all enjoy it.

How it works:

Initially, players would have to pick up and play with the Aspect warframe. The aspect functions, and plays, exactly the same as any other frame during most missions, but differs in one way. When the player enters a mission where they assist either the Corpus or Grineer, the Aspect will earn Fraction affinity. If the player gets the affinity to level 30, and gains enough Fraction affinity, they’ll have the chance to ‘Evolve’ the Affinity into a new warframe, one that reflects your allegiance.

This choice would be completely optional, so if you wanted to keep the aspect you could do so with no penalty.

Please note: These frames and abilities aren't super detailed and I'm sure there are better alternatives for some of it. They're more to give an idea of how each frame will express it's allegiance (or lack of) then a finalized design.

----------------------------------------------

Aspect Warframe (Base)

Description:

The aspect warframe may lack the powerful, battlefield changing effects of many of its brethren, but what it lacks in power, it makes up in adaptability. Using a resevor of nanites it has the ability to reconfigure, on the fly, to better support its allies. This ability is limited however, once it has changed there’s no going back.

Abilities:

• Pulse: Aspect fires a wave of kinetic energy forward, knocking enemies back and dealing medium damage.
  • Boost : Reroutes nanites to repair damage, healing a moderate amount of health damage and increasing run speed temporarily
  • Nano Mine : Places a condensed nanite mass on a target surface, which will detonate dealing heavy damage and moderate damage over time.
  • Nanite Infection : The aspect releases a cloud of nanites into the air around itself. Enemies in this area take heavy damage and are stunned for a medium duration.

Oppressor (Corpus)

Description:

An adapted warframe that uses technology and tactics learned from the Corpus, and enhances them with the power of a Tenno warframe. Although sluggish, the Oppressor has impressive shields and carries numerous deployables to change the battlefield in the Corpus’s favor.

Abilities:

• Rail Round: Fires a heavy rail round that knocks enemies away. Has a narrow area of effect but long range.
  • Shield Ospreys: Deploys a Tenno shield osprey which boosts allied shields and has a light ranged attack.
  • Barrier: Deploys a laser barrier which knocks enemies away, doing moderate damage, but does not prevent ranged attacks. (Might not effect Corpus units? :P)
  • Heavy Support: Deploy a Tenno Support Osprey in a target area. When it deploys the osprey will temporarily be invincible and will fire at enemies with both a sustained beam and rapid fire rifle attacks.

Frenzy (Grineer)

Description:

An adapted warframe that melds the strength and resolve of the Grineer, with the Focus of the Tenno. The frenzy uses both an array of abilities learned from the Grineer and an extremely thick armored hide in order to break through enemy formations at the head of Grineer Assault teams.

Abilities:

• Pull: Shoots a harpoon at a target enemy. They  take heavy damage, are pulled to your location and are temporarily stunned.
  • Smash: Hammer the ground at your feet, dealing moderate damage and knocking down all enemies around you.
  • Seeker Swarm: Drop several seekers which will immediately attempt to latch on to the closest enemies in range. (Might not attack Grineer units? :P)
  • Devastate: Fire off a continuous barrage of flame blasts and bombards rounds in front of you. This lasts x seconds and is not interrupted by movement.

This is just a general idea, I’m sure someone will come up with better skills or stats that make sense, but I wanted to share my idea with the community. What do you guys think? Are fraction warframes something you would like to see?

Edited by TheWackyWombat

i had concepts of  a corpus and a grineer tenno in mind but never got around to it but  i had some skills though

Corpus tenno

Mode Change:  allows tenno to switch between modes his default mode is attack when attack mode is activated he has an attack boost to all his attacks initially activating the skill also gives him a movement boost for a few seconds. activating mode change while in attack mode will send him to defense mode he looses the attack and initial speed but his base armor increases and a faster shield recharge this also affects one of his other skills.

Moa: the tenno summons a moa unit for aid depending upon which mode he is in the moa will be different. In Attack mode  you summon a shockwave moa and in defense you summon a rail moa

Grineer corpus

My own clone: summon a clone of yourself or another tenno on your team the tenno is uncontrollable but has all the abilities  of the person cloned and will attack enemies his ai will be similar to stalker so it will try and use abilities to it's advantage any boosts it uses will affect your team as well.