Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bastion, Grineer Themed Warframe (Redone!)

Valafor

"My Queens, we have recently gathered enough resources to replicate a warframe of our very own. Unfortunately, we only have the materials to create one. It is of utmost importance to keep this warframe a secret, for we can not let the Lotus discover this. We will try to research and replicate this model. We urge you NOT to use this for combat, it's preservation is the key to true Grineer Super-Soldiers, rivaling that of the Orokin's themselves."

Bastion was a Warframe I conceptualized about a month ago. Soon after posting, I got a lot of positive feedback, but there were definitely a lot of things that could have been done better. So let's jump right into the description fo this warframe.

Bastion is a moderately tanky warframe. He is not as tanky as Rhino/Frost, but much more durable than Excalibur. haven't thought of any real stats, but I would assume his stats would be equal to Saryn's.

Seekers - Bastion deploys seekers that latch on to enemies based on priority, exposing them for the whole team. After a while, the seekers explode, dealing massive damage to the target.

Seekers  are essentially those latchers that stick onto your feet and explode. Basically, Seekers latch onto enemies based on how dangerous they are, and then sticks onto them. During the time they are on, they will glow and can be seen through walls, kind of like mods with Thief's Wit on. After this wears off, they explode. Note that the explosion is NOT AoE. This isn't meant to be an AoE ability, it is a support ability. the explosion is just gravy for your mash. Seekers hunt out enemies based on

(enemy type) - (level) - (health)

This means a level 59 Heavy Gunner gets priority over a level 60 lancer, a Level 60 Lancer gets priority over a level 58 Lancer, and a level 59 bombard at full health gets priority over a level 59 bombard at half. When there are two factions present, then the original faction gets priority over the new one. Range mods do nothing, duration increases the time an  enemy is marked, power strength mods make it's blast stronger. Note that the explosion happens AFTER the glow wears off, so more duration means a longer wait until it explodes.

Landmine - Bastion deploys a landmine on the ground. if two or more landmines are present, then it creates a minefield.

This ability is unique. You can place one down to create a landmine, so if anything steps on it, it goes boom, hurting him and everyone around him caught in the blast radius. However, if you have 2 or more landmines nearby, a laser connects them, sort of making a tripwire. Anything that passes the laser makes both mines go off. This creates new ways to make an area of denial. You can turn a room into  a No Man's Land. Be careful, although stretch mods will effect these abilities, it does not increase blast radius, only laser length. This causes the same problem that Frost's Snowglobe has. Too small, nothing will trip it. Too long, the blast radius might not be enough to even hit the guy who tripped it in the first place. Not effected by duration mods (mines last forever). Power strength mods increase damage.

Phalanx - Bastion makes he and his team take reduced damage based on the percentage of health lost.

Basically Phalanx reduces incoming fire based on how injured your team is. To do this, the equation is

(100 - % of current HP of Player 1) + (100 -  % of current HP of Player 2) + (100 - % of current HP of Player 3) + (100 -  % of current HP of Player 4) / (total # of players) + 10

Basically it finds the average of your teams lost health. If you're running solo, then only your health is taken into account. Note if a team mate is down/dead, he has 0 hp. So therefore if you plug that into the equation, it can lead to some pretty skewed results. this is kind of an "Oh ****" ability as it will preform terribly if you guys are at full health, but might make your team gods if they crippled. Power strength mods do nothing to this mod, duration mods increase duration (go figure) and not sure if stretch will do anything. Honestly I don't know if it will suck if it had a range, nor will it be too OP if the range was infinite, so leave some feedback!

Barrage - Bastion activates his jetpack and unleashes a storm of missiles and rollers

Barrage puts you in the feet of a hellion on steroids. During jetpack mode, you are severely slower, and you are basically just hover, capable of strafing a little bit in directions. Your primary fire key is now bound to a semi automatic rocket launcher. It has infinite ammo ,but not an infinite clip. It has a clip size of maybe 15, and has a very fast reload speed, but you can't just hold M1 and destroy everything. Your aiming button is no longer for aiming, pressing that will deploy a friendly roller. You can deploy up to 5 rollers on the field. If a roller dies, feel free to deploy another. Barrage also gives you a major damage debuff (like current Ember's Overheat) but you are drawing agro. This means in low levels it makes you a god, but in later, higher levels where you can start to actually feel the bullets, you will most likely fall back behind lines and offer artillery strike from a distance.

Feel free to leave feedback, as this is not a perfect idea! Looking forward to see your ideas.

Edited by KaPow_Best_Demolitions

Good ideas here, the ultimate however sounds a little OP. Maybe if you kept the throwing in rollers and use of a secondary weapon instead of a missile launcher. (Also I think it should end with your jetpack launching off at whoever you're aiming at like a hellions does) but great idea, I'd love to see something like this in the game!

I like the idea of a millitary/commando frame, but i think this one was made in the Soma factory!

pretty OP sounding, especially a party wide dmg resist + a self dmg resist (with flying rocket pack?!?!).

Yeah his ult. might be a tad OP, but reread the party wide damage resist. It is only good when your whole team is injured. if your whole team is at full health, it does next to nothing. it you're whole team is near death, then this ability shines. Also toned down the damage debuff for his Ultimate. Looking back, yeah it was definitely too OP.

Edited by KaPow_Best_Demolitions