Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Isolation vault rewards and Mech mods

souldead341

So, I thought this from the start of doing isolation vaults.  There should be a triple isolation vault bounty selectable from the Necralisk, timed based on the worm phase.

This would give you up to 7 rewards, 1 for opening each vault and bonus as is the current, as well as a bonus reward of only necramech mods if you complete all bonus vaults.

This would do 2 things in my opinion.  First, it allows for people who just want to do a single vault run, who are thankfully getting rarer as hosts now, an option to only do the one run or all three, like with eidolon hunting.  Second it would give a consistent drop of necramech mods, which have a frankly ridiculously low drop chance as of the current tables.  

The mod bonus drop table could be something like 70% common mod 20% uncommon, 10% rare, evenly split between each mod rarity, and it'd still be a far better chance of getting the rare mods than the current drop rates.  After all, it's currently a .2% drop rate for a rare mod per kill (10% for any mod to drop, and 2% of that for a rare mod), from a 1-3 enemy spawn rate per mission, at around 20 minutes per triple vault run not doing bonus vaults.  That gives around 375 mech kills to get slightly over a 50% chance to get the mod.

So the grind for a 50% chance for the mod is (without booster or nekros) currently 375 runs for T1, 188 T2, and 125 T3.  Assuming you do T3 for all runs (or just have bad luck with the T3 drops) that's 125 hours of optimal runs of 20 minutes each to have a 50% chance of the rare mods.  Assuming that you don't run into bugs, bad groups, exc.

If the suggestion of a triple vault bonus was implemented, you'd be looking at roughly 40 minute runs, 3.33% for a rare mod using the 10% drop rate for a rare.  Then you're looking at about 20 runs for that same 50% chance at one rare mod.   Not being great at this type of statistics to do the proper calculations for the 3 unique drops, and assuming that you can do even trades of any repeat mod drops, lets call it 60 runs for that 50% of getting the 3 rare mod drops.  That gives 40 hours, not even taking into account the tiny chance of the killed mechs dropping mods.

Another alternative to the terrible mod drop rates would be to treat mechs as if they were a boss fight, since that's basically what they are.  Have each mech guarantee a mod drop (hidden until mission completion).  Then keep the relative percentages of the mod drops the same.  So you'd have (rounding) 98% for common / uncommon, 2% rare.  Even if it was only one mod per vault, you still massively improve the drop rates, and reduce the horrible grind.  This gives about 35 runs for a 50% chance for the rare mod to drop.  This would put you back to the 20 minute ideal run time for T3, giving 11.67 hours of grinding runs for the 50% chance across all 3 vaults.

Anyway, to end the somewhat rant here, the drop rates of the necramech mods are really bad, and something should be done to make it less of a chore / grind to get all the mods.

(I'm fairly sure my math is accurate, and freely admit I don't know / care to do all the statistics for the multiple possible drops correctly, feel free to redo to math / statistics and correct me if you so desire.)

Anything that lessens the grinds to sane amounts is good suggestion in my book. Because some of these are just crazy even for people who play every day. 

If some of these grindiest missions would at least give a good variety of other useful rewards it would be fine but doing something thousands of times just for one item is horrid. Vaults for example, sure you get some mining/fishing resources but you wont need most of it for long.

Wish there was like a guaranteed drop for something from a really big pool of rewards from elsewhere in the game, so you could be pleasantly surprised by an Atmo Systems drop or something. And it should be, separate from the "regular" drop table so it wont dilute that. 

Archived