Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

potential idea for better melee 3.0 change

Rhinowo

(sorry if this is in the wrong spot)

im just gonna jump right into it, this an idea of what the combo system should of looked like

56 hits is 1.5x
112 hits is 2x
168 hits is 2.5x
224 hits is 3x
280 hits is 3.5x
336 hits is 4x
392 hits is 4.5x
448 hits is 5x
504 hits is 5.5x
560 hits is 6x
616 hits is 6.5x
672 hits is 7x
728 hits is 7.5x
784 hits is 8x
840 hits is 8.5x 
896 hits is 9x
952 hits is 9.5x
1008 hits is 10x
1064 hits is 10.5x
1120 hits is 11x
1176 hits is 11.5x
1232 hits is 12x

going up by 56 hits per(or 112 more per combo, will experiment more with numbers to find a balanced part that isnt super easy to get up to) because as of right now, its incredibly super fast to build combo, and combo counter mods arent even worth while using, , make blood rush be a multiplicative 75% BUT every crit chance increasing mod is 25% their original value , BUT boost the base cc of ALL melees by a flat 5% (rivens will be additive to blood rush for balancing purposes) 

ALL exalted melees that are under 15% cc should be that minimum (this includes pseudo exalted's) (exalted blade will only give combo on the first enemy hit with the wave)
as for blood rush on exalteds it should be 35% additive crit per combo counter tier, and crit chance mods are double their current value BUT, as stated, bloodrush will be ADDITIVE. this means stuff like gara's 1 will be something people could use as an actual melee to do damage.

change gladiator set to be 20% chance to negate all incoming damage at max rank

keep range the same, stances, etc, all that the same. but have the option to use either heavy attack or channeling (GIVE STANCES FORCED PROCS. a lot of melees are overshadowed due to little damage multipliers and forced procs) (i misss my channeling for captura!!), combo tiers will only boost your damage 50% of the number listed multiplicatively, heavy attacks will be x2 for crit mods and will consume at max 4 combo tiers base, and you should have the option to switch between heavy mode and normal mode, normal mode is light attacks with heavy consuming combo, heavy mode is where you do more longer, harder, and precisely hitting swings, doubling how fast your combo is, (will do some thinkin and explain what i mean), your combos are more stagnant attack speed for these have a cap of 1.15. 

also, exalted imo should have a base of 10s combo
normal melees have a base of 7s, BUT have a mod that works like naramons passive, except it will be a 5 point mod that does something like "each time your combo timer reaches 0, 5 points and every time it reaches 0 after that, an additional 5 hits will be taken, combo drops once, only 5 are taken, so if youre at 100 hits and it drops, you will be 95, 2nd time it drops, you will be at 85, 3rd time, 75, 55, 30, 0

exalted weapons when sheathed will only consume 5% of whatever combo you had on it when you originally used it, and normal hits with melee have a 10% chance to grant an additional hit count onto your exalted innately resetting the combo timer

i will continously edit and update this as i continue testing and experimenting with more numbers

oh and also bring back old armor scaling for steel path only. increase enemy ai, and increase the amount of enemies that spawn, there are still deadzones where absolutely no enemies spawn.

any suggestions or edits will be greatly appreciated!

i have major adhd so i wanted to type this down before i forget

Archived