Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Shadow ability (Unairu) blocking Operator movement in a rather specific case

-Reylik-

I've noticed for months now that movement in Operator form during my Eidolon hunts has been kind of iffy, as if my character would get snagged/caught on something and I couldn't advance (especially forwards). 

Going to mention that I tried to see if anybody else experienced this problem. and I found one obscure post from back in Jan 2019, without any apparent solution.

Today I finally gave it some thought and tried to identify the cause, but I'll try to keep it brief--

From my observations it seems like under certain conditions with the Void Shadow way in Unairu activated, using Operator void mode to enter stealth spawns an invisible block directly in front of the player. Exiting stealth also spawns this invisible block, and it seems like only the newest block stays while older ones are removed. Other players seem to be able to react to this block, and a friend and I could both stand on top of it. I even managed to mark it with a waypoint a few times, although it seems like the object is small so the waypoint has to be very precise, but on success there's a seemingly random waypoint floating in midair. 

Now for the conditions. I noticed that this didn't occur even when using Unairu across all my Operator appearance configs and long story short, it seems to be a problem with the Zato Oculus. When trying a few different Face cosmetics, I could not interact with this invisible block. I don't know if that means there's no block, or if somehow there actually is a block and it's just too small to easily jump on top of or get in the way. When the operator's hood is closed (covering the face) setting the Oculus to hidden, I can move freely and as expected. 

That's as much as I could figure out, couldn't find other people to take time to reproduce this, so for all I know it just affects me. In any case it's a really niche bug even for me, but it really feels awful when it happens. For now I'll just disable Void Shadow so I can move (Zato Oculus looks too cool to take off, but one of them has to go).

I hope my rambling maybe helps somewhere down the line. 

Here's a short ~1 minute gif I made so it's a little easier to see what sort of wall I'm up against, or what to expect. Not sure why I can't embed it in this post but here's a link to its gfycat page: https://gfycat.com/rapidorangecollie

I'd really appreciate it if anybody could tell me that this bug exists for them too, or if it's really some toaster work on my end.

Archived