The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Is Too Easy, Please Add A Harder Difficulty Option

Alvin

Hello, so I've been playing warframe for quite a bit, about 200+ hours in total, and I sometimes like to play solo by myself, but the problem is that... It's way too easy.

So lets take a look at defense maps...

If I solo, only mobs come in heaps of groups of 5-10, which is really boring, too easy, and takes a while to finish.

But if 2 players join, they all come at once and way more mobs, which is really fun, and not too easy.

And if 3+ players, that's even more fun :D.

What I'm asking is, if you could implement a difficulty changer for SOLO, that'd be great

thanks

It's absolute masochism to play the game solo when you're not speed running. 

Anyway, if memory serves me right, I believe something along those lines will be implemented, eventually. Right now, with the pile of priorities that are stacked up, a difficulty slider option would most likely be close to the bottom of that stack.

What of the new player with

No auras for the free 14 mod points

No maxed weapon/frame mods

Sentinels

Choice of frames

Remove all the mods you have maxed and use starter weapons and walk a mile, epeen less when you don't have those equiped

Sentinels

Choice of frames

Remove all the mods you have maxed and use starter weapons and walk a mile, epeen less when you don't have those equiped

+1, lets see after if ure that brave awesomelvin..........lol this guy...oh btw u can solo nightmare missions , no shield +no energy ones:))

Edited by theTrickst3r

Sentinels

Choice of frames

I probably couldn't, but that's why I suggested a difficulty "slider" where the lowest would be the normal difficulty that we have right now.

Really, this again? Try changing mods to less upgraded or removing them completely. There you go, your own difficulty setting right there. if you find it to easy run it on nightmare mode -.-

I'm talking about the mob spawning. I'd wish for more mobs to spawn at once, instead of little groups.

I don't mean high level, I mean when I'm trying to get XP, and soloing takes too long.

Well, that's completely different from what your OP read like.

Yeah, Solo needs a boost for sure. Not in difficulty, since it's really just you doing 4 times the usual amount of work (although, ideally, team play should be made much more difficult...), but a boost in rewards, boost for playing through undetected, things like that.

The "difficulty" thing isn't really debatable at the moment. Right now, things are either way too easy due to power creeping mods and weapons, or way too hard due to armor scaling. We can talk difficulty after we see the changes that Armor 2.0 brings.

Well, that's completely different from what your OP read like.

Yeah, Solo needs a boost for sure. Not in difficulty, since it's really just you doing 4 times the usual amount of work (although, ideally, team play should be made much more difficult...), but a boost in rewards, boost for playing through undetected, things like that.

The "difficulty" thing isn't really debatable at the moment. Right now, things are either way too easy due to power creeping mods and weapons, or way too hard due to armor scaling. We can talk difficulty after we see the changes that Armor 2.0 brings.

Oh yeah, my bad, sorry for my wording, but I did mention about the mobs spawning in small groups, instead of heaps which will give out more xp.

Oh yeah, my bad, sorry for my wording, but I did mention about the mobs spawning in small groups, instead of heaps which will give out more xp.

Again, the armor scaling is going to prove to be a huge problem for players with less-than-the-best weaponry and mod loadouts, including myself. One Grineer Heavy Unit is already hard enough to take down, since we can barely tickle them at higher levels without assistance from teammates or armor-ignoring attacks (which severely restricts our choice of weaponry if we want to hop into a high-level Grineer mission). Having them come in small groups is going to be a nightmare unless we're playing as Loki.

With the current armor scaling system, the game is too mod-reliant. And with the best mods appearing only very rarely, we are left entirely at the mercy of RNG. I've been playing for over 250 hours now, and I still have yet to find a single Barrel Diffusion or Vital Sense.