Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deadlock Protocol Protea Fight Ending: Sound Bug/Error?

L0ne_95

Found this bug after the Deimos Arcana update today. Went to do the Deadlock Protocol to fight Protea and everything was going fine. Got down to the last bar and finished the fight. That's where the bug happened. After the Xoris detonated, the sound glitched and extended to the point where I couldn't hear anything. Almost like the detonation kept going and wouldn't stop. It got progressively louder and had to turn down the volume. The frames almost went to nothing since the detonation wouldn't stop, causing unlimited amount of particles/effects. Had to get out of the mission and fail it because of that. Just letting everyone know of this bug.

Was just going to post about it as I had the same exact bug, was using mirage and my final blow I threw Xoris and detonated on her with Hall of Mirrors active not sure if this has anything to do with the bug.

At first I thought it was a phenomenal design choice by the devs to simulate Protea's tearing reality apart as she dies and making everything laggy but after that lasted for over a minute I just realized was some sort of stack overflow with particles and whatever else going on, game became unplayable felt like I was playing a game with 8000 ping game dipped to 8FPS. I alt tabbed to tried and record it with OBS but when I came back I was dead and returned to the ship and could conclude the quest. So at least for now to anyone that came across this bug and this thread you can really just wait it out, if you look away from protea game runs slightly faster. I didn't look specifically on what it was doing to my PC but at least from temps was nothing unusual was just about same as always but I don't think would safe to wait it out depending on system.

1 hour ago, strakenlord said:

Hey, same here. Just kicked protea's butt only to have the game spazz out on me. I thought it was a time manipulation effect but nope it just bugged out. What are your system specs?

I'm running i7-4790k w/ gtx 760

I'm running an i7-9700F with a 2060 Super (GeForce RTX)

1 hour ago, rex25011 said:

Hey guys, I also had this problem. You need to walk away from the boss and then die. It respawns you back onto the ship and then you can just walk to the exit. Hope you guys can finished the quest as I did.

That worked. I had tried to die as a solution for it before but to no avail. The "getting as far as I could from Protea" was what solved it for me.

Thanks.

Came on here to make this post myself, sound glitches extremely loud. frames drop and movement is freezed. No way of getting past this mission until this is sorted out as it is a game breaking bug that has happened on all 6 runs i've attempted it.

4 hours ago, rex25011 said:

Hey guys, I also had this problem. You need to walk away from the boss and then die. It respawns you back onto the ship and then you can just walk to the exit. Hope you guys can finished the quest as I did.

this worked thanks, i just went as close as possible to the spawn point into the area and eventually i was far enough that the death triggered a return to the ship.

Archived