Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting An Online Game

Michkelz

Question

4 answers to this question

Hey Michkelz! When you attempt to start an online mission and click it, it may do one of a few different things.

A: Sometimes, it will say "Finding Squad..." and just sit there, and when you click "Play Now!" it doesn't do anything. When this happens to me, I restart the client typically, seems to be a bug of some kind.

B: Sometimes, it will say "Finding Squad..." and begin pulsing and playing a pretty substantial beeping sound every few seconds. When it does this, you can just click "Play Now!" and it will allow you to enter the mission. At this point, you are effectively hosting a game, and as long as it is indeed set to Online, people can join you (and usually will, in my experience.)

The only problem you will potentially run into, and I run into it occasionally as well, is when you want to host a game, A will happen, instead of B. That is when I restart the client and it usually fixes it, it may even be fixed now via a patch for all I know, as I haven't run into it for the last few nights.

I just wish they had a seperate option to opt out of joining into somebody else's session and just host your own. I don't enjoy attempting to play through a mission hosted by somebody with low-end broadband internet, watching my warframe run over blue orbs and mods only to see them be collected a full 2-3 seconds later and struggling to make contact with any enemy we encounter due to the extreme latency.

that would be really handy. 1 more option on the "Online Status" menu

in addition to the normal..

-Private

-Solo

add:

-Hosting (will host a new game instead of joining an existing one. when invited to existing sessions, will attempt to take over host position between missions, if auto-testing proves the connection to be more suitable.)

or maybe it could be a checkbox below the Status button, or something like that?

@Davante; amen to that... i play with a couple of people regularly... i can host a full team pretty well. i get a little bit laggy, but no one else seems to complain, and it's mostly just things like slo-mo deaths and drops falling thru the air. but if one of the other two hosts.. it's sometimes questionable if the mission is even completeable.