Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 29.5.4 broke Numpad keybinds enable via mouse (Video + examples)

ByteRoster

I've been playing with a Logitech G600 with its entire side row bound to numpad keybinds since closed beta, never had any issues with keybindings until yesterday when the hotfix dropped.

I have the mouse's buttons bound to Num 1-9, then Num0, Num+ and Num-. This allows me to have a ton of frequently used action on my mouse (Abilities, camera swapping, transference, alt fire, vehicle deployment etc) while also keeping my 1-12 number row free to bind to gear items. I can instantly deploy things like health restores or archwing launchers without relying on the slow gear menu when things get heated.

It's worked that way for over half a decade, no issues. But now, pressing a button on my mouse also activates the corresponding number row button. Example: Press num 3 on my mouse to activate desecrate, and my archgun is instantly deployed, which is bound to "3" on my number row. Press num 1 on my mouse to cast Soul Punch, and my k-drive is deployed, which is bound to "1" on my number row.

Numpad buttons are actually different than your number row, which gives user a lot of flexibility, and basically an entire second row of keys to use that you don't have to reach far for, like the F keys. But now, Warframe sees the numpad and number row as identical, and triggers anything bound to them when activated via a keybinding in software.

Of course, I made a video capturing this obnoxious behaviour:

I strongly doubt it's my mouse or Logitech software, as I've been running it this way for 7+ years in Warframe without issue or malfunction through -any- update, and I wonder if the recent changes implemented to re-support mouse & keyboard on console somehow not only bled into the PC hotfix, but also changed some key registration behaviour. Num1 is different than 1, and Warframe suddenly forgot that in a hotfix.

Binds in Logitech GHUB software have never given me cause for concern, nor have I installed any updates recently, NOR has this issue been prevalent in other games; My numpad binding works just fine in World of Warcraft, Fallout 4, The Witcher etc. It's only reproducible in Warframe.

Archived