Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valentia The Mushroom frame.

OzbendPrime

This warframe was made by both me and my girlfriend PlaugeMistress2020 on warframe: 

She did the design and concept art

I helped with abilities

valentia_by_aranzaprime_de9bf3l-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03OTgiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wZjhmMTAwMC1mMzQ0LTQ0ZGMtYjAzNS0zMWI0NTI2OTY1MzdcL2RlOWJmM2wtZWFlZjExOGItZDIxZC00OTI0LWE5YzgtMTZkMzA0NTMwMTE0LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.bnY4_DcWxpWFlgj_py5vC9M0mCJOPAudmKxo81oguuw

She has no back story yet but basically this is her abilities: 

1. The vines on her arms slide down and can be used as whips to lash out at enemies.

2. She can summon her own environment with mushrooms and swamp like biome feeling. Then she has a choice of 3 different attack effects.
- Where the enemies step upon a shroom and they get temp blinded and then confused and starts shooting around at random.
- Any enemies that come near end up in a deep sleep.
- And lastly they start having illusions of nightmares and start making then slowly go insane.

3. She can activate her aura that boosts attack damage to enemies with herself and allies. While summoning little mushroom minions that’ll spread some of her 2nd ability. (Depending on which one of the 2nd ability is active) (NOTE: in the sunlight it’s stronger than night)

4. She completely splits in two while the side you play as normal the other follows your lead and sprouts out clouds of pollen that causes damage to any nearby enemies.

We are thinking of a lore for her, but we are open to have others help with making the lore, maybe also giving her a passive and such so be free to share with what you think would work! :)

I like the art. Dunno about that head though. Initial, unrefined thoughts:

Her first ability sounds like Gara's or Khora's 1. Nothing wrong with that in general. Just saying.

Her second ability is Excal's 2, Oberon's Hallowed Ground and Baruuk's AoE sleep in one ability and I have no idea what "going slowly insane" in the third option means. Anyways, it's another AoE cc effect, I assume. That's four. I'd settle for one effect, maybe two and not two cc effects. Probably sleep and a damage (toxin) effect that maybe lowers enemy defense or makes them take more damage. Maybe toxin clouds on death? 

I don't get her third ability. Why not just cast her second ability for the same effect instead of AI minions that you have to rely on hitting the all/the correct enemies? Light/dark depended abilities, well namely Mirage's Eclipse, are "bad" due to unreliability. Sure, a team buff/aura. Why not. I'd maybe combine her 2 and 3 to give allies an aura of the effects of her 2. Maybe each time allies enter your aura range they get a mushroom minion (time duration or charges) to follow them with the effect that was active at the time.

Same for the 4th ability. Might as well add the damage (I'd go with toxin thematically) to the mushroom minion aura. That would leave 2 ability slots open. Maybe already included from my suggested change to her 2 as the offensive damage option.

I think the general idea is cool. Certainly something that would fit DE's more weird/abstract way to design frames. Artwork is generally cool. I'd change the head though and maybe a bit more planty stuff on her in general. Abilities, in my opinion, are bloated and overlap and cancel each other out (mainly her 2 and 3 and her 3 and 4) and can be made simpler/combined as described in my opinion.

To sum it up:

First ability stays as it is. Maybe add synergy with other abilities. Random thought: healing allies (and yourself) inside your aura for each enemy hit by this ability that is affected by a mushroom effect.

Second ability: free.

Third ability: Creates an aura of fungal spores/pollen around Valentia and/or summons a mushroom companion to her side. The mushroom can have one of two abilities. Putting enemies to sleep on hit or poisoning enemies making them take more damage (either a damage multiplier or defense strip). Allies entering Valentia's spore/pollen cloud grow a mushroom companion near them which will accompany them for a set duration (or attack charges) and will have the effect depending on which aura was active upon entering. The effect/mushroom will be overwritten/changed/refreshed when entering the aura.

Fourth ability: free.

Again, it's not really refined from me but I think the general direction frees up space and removes clutter.

Cheers.

Archived