Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staying in the Game: Mission Playlist and Free Roam (Open World) Mission Changes

mrEkli

I've been playing this game since PS4 launch with a lapse around the launch of Second Dream. Came back on Switch launch. I just wanted to give feedback on two things... Both are about staying in gameplay and reducing twiddling thumbs in the Orbiter.

Staying in Gameplay for Missions:

Playlists for missions back to back would really help being able to stay in gameplay and reduce downtime, it'd be more fun and engaging as well, it can even scale. Would there also be a way to sticky the RNG Seed so that you could create a Playlist that plays the same in the same tileset arrangement for other players? This can even be an addition to Clans with special rewards. This could be curated by DE if they want. This could also be for the same tileset / instance to change objectives or flow right into the next Mission right off the bat.

Free Roam just has nothing to do other than setting Bounties. Dynamic events aren't really a thing. I guess there's Ghouls, Fractures and Thumpers but they come to you more than you going to them for the most part, but there's no real engaging reason to explore. Discoverables are way too pixel hunting and crowdsource required to be found and engaging. There's just no adventuring or exploring incentive.

Just blurting out some thoughts.

4 hours ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Playlists for missions back to back would really help being able to stay in gameplay and reduce downtime, it'd be more fun and engaging as well, it can even scale. Would there also be a way to sticky the RNG Seed so that you could create a Playlist that plays the same in the same tileset arrangement for other players? This can even be an addition to Clans with special rewards. This could be curated by DE if they want. This could also be for the same tileset / instance to change objectives or flow right into the next Mission right off the bat.

Sounds fun if the map generation is set up to handle it, since many missions have specific tiles they need to spawn. I'm for increasing mission complexity in general, though.

3 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Sounds fun if the map generation is set up to handle it, since many missions have specific tiles they need to spawn. I'm for increasing mission complexity in general, though.

If needed, they could have transition tiles which replace the extractions. Where the new tiles will load and the old ones will be dumped with the door locking them out. Put an Loadout swap (partial Arsenal) even. Just something.

Archived