Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova synergy augment/tweak

PhiThagRaid

A while back nova's Worm Holes got a minor tweak that allowed bullets to travel through them, my suggestion builds upon this and allow Nova's Molecular Prime to do the same (Antimatter Drop can already, but could be improved).

Augments that currently exist:

• Antimatter Absorb - Allows enemies to charge the damage of Antimatter Drop
  • Escape Velocity - Gives speed boost to players when using a Worm Hole (Does not seem to interact with Antimatter Drop)
  • Molecular Fission - Synergy between Null Star and Molecular Prime to allow gaining of particles
  • Neutron Star - Allows recasting of Null Star and does some damage

From the above a synergy is set up between Null Star and Molecular Prime, how about we introduce a synergy between Antimatter Drop and Worm Hole and between Molecular Prime and Worm Hole. My suggestions, these can either be augments or become innate synergies:

• Superposition - Sending an Antimatter Drop through a Worm Hole spawns 1 Drop at the end of the Worm Hole and just behind the Worm Hole. This will duplicate the Antimatter drop and duplicate all damage stored in the drop.
  • Projectile Recall - Anything that travels through the Worm Hole will take all the damage that was shot through the Worm Hole before it entered. This can damage enemies that run into a Worm Hole and can synergize with Antimatter Drop stacking all damage onto the drop as it gets teleported.
  • Escape Velocity synergy - Keep Escape Velocity the same, but allow it to apply to Antimatter Drop.
  • Molecular Distribution (Main synergy I think would be cool) - Allows Molecular Prime to interact with Worm Hole. When the expanding sphere of Molecular Prime reaches a Worm Hole another instance is created at the endpoint of the portal for the remaining duration of Molecular Prime or the Worm Hole (which ever is shorter). Currently the spread of Molecular Prime is constant no matter what you mod for, with Duration being the only affect increasing the range that can be reached. This augment/synergy would allow placing down Worm Holes to increase the area and speed at which that area can be affected. If MP goes through 1 Worm Hole there will effectively be 2 MPs, with the one on the other side of the portal covering a smaller volume (due to time taken to portal being missed out on). 2 portals will have 3 MPs, but can have 4 if the portals are close enough to interact with each other, although this 4th will not affect enemies as the 3rd is in the same spot but already covering a larger volume. (Thus there shouldn't really be any broken interaction when the MP passes through multiple WHs.)
  • Null Destabilization - When Nova passes through Worm Hole with at least 1 Null Star particle her passive is triggered on the end of the Worm Hole consuming 1 particle.

The ability the synergies will be assigned to when modding:

• Superposition - Antimatter Drop
  • Projectile Recall - Worm Hole
  • Molecular Distribution - Molecular Prime
  • Null Destabilization - Null Star

I have not looked at the clashes of not being allowed to use two augments for the same ability, but I think the above are fair selections. Allowing multiple augments for the same ability could be a nice update, though.

I think these changes/augments wont be overpowered as all of them(except Projectile Recall) are set up to require the player to use at least 2 abilities to make use of them, also encouraging the use of all the abilities.

Any feedback would be appreciated, I started playing Nova more actively a month or so ago and Molecular Fission is an augment that I think is really nice due to the synergy it brings in between 2 of her abilities, so this is an attempt to expand that to the rest of her kit.

Archived