Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Concept: Omne, The Reality Bending Warframe

(PSN)SyringeCoat

Name: Omne

Look: Fragmented like glass. Has void energy gushing out of each and every crack. All of its body seems to reflect his own universe, like a Void Mirror

Health Stats: Increased stats are completely randomized on each mission. (Randomized stats are armour and health. Everything else stays normal)

Passive: My Game, My rules
(When you go down, have a chance to deny death and kill the opposing enemy instead. Does not work on Boss enemies)

Ability 1: Reality Shatter
(Shatter reality, sending shards of razor sharp fragments of reality at your enemies, dealing slash damage. Hold down to shatter reality above your enemies, sending a shooting star at your enemies, dealing impact and heat damage. Double Tap to summon a meteor shower that deals mass impact and radiation damage using Affinity)

Ability 2: Compress
(Trap the enemies in a reality box and crush the box, dealing flat damage to the enemy, if the enemy is killed, it will gush out a burst of blood. Hold to use Affinity to Crush enemies faster and harder and also refund your energy)

Ability 3: Red Giant
(Shatter reality in a sphere, summoning a vaccuum into a red giant. Each enemy stuck in the sphere will suffer from mass radiation and corrosion. Use Affinity to cause a massive explosion)

Ability 4: Game Changer
(Shatter reality as a whole, bringing every enemy into your own universe. During this, all weapons from the enemies dissapear, and all ally weapons become Exalted, making them deal increased damage and have bonus effects. This move has Drastic energy drain but you can channel it further by sacrificing your Affinity.)

Special Passive: Infinity
(Omne's creation is a mystery and its very existance is an paradox. Due to this, it cannot be mastered and all affinity it gains can be channeled into its abilities for damage. It has all abilities unlocked at all times due to this. To balance out being fully kitted, there is a cooldown set for your abilities and they cost increased energy)

Explanation: Affinity Channeling
(Omne can go up to level 40 if you play it long enough on a mission. Affinity is only taken from Omne's level, not its current arsenal. Due to this being its gimmick, Omne has increased affinity gain for itself. Affinity boosters DO NOT affect Omne.)

1 hour ago, (PSN)AntiBlackCoat said:

Health Stats: Increased stats are completely randomized on each mission.

Firstly, if this were to work, you'd need to establish an upper and lower limit on the stats; otherwise, armour could end up being <5 and health >5000. Secondly, I don't really see a benefit of having random stats. The stats would either vary substantially causing some annoyance, or have very little variance making it pointless. If there were a sweet spot of some sort, why not just create stats within that sweet spot range? This just seems very gimmicky.

(This is assuming "health stats" only refers to health and armour- it would get very messy if this included shield, energy, and/or sprint).

Special Passive: Infinity
(Omne's creation is a mystery and its very existance is an paradox. Due to this, he cannot be mastered and all affinity it gains can be channeled into its abilities for damage.)

Explanation: Affinity Channeling
(Omne can go up to level 40 if you play him long enough on a mission. Affinity is only taken from Omne's level, not its current arsenal. Due to this being his gimmick, he has increased affinity gain for himself. Affinity boosters DO NOT affect him.)

Would the frame enter every mission with only their 1st ability available? If that's the case, this is taking Nidus' early game stack problem to a whole 'nother level. Maybe fix this by allowing all r0 versions of their abilities be available to them at frame lvl 0. That's just if you're insistent on keeping this passive since even my suggestion has tons of problems.

As a more permanent solution, removing the affinity economy built into this kit and just using a unique resource akin to Baruuk's Restraint, Gauss' Battery, or Atlas' Rubble, would be a considerable improvement.

I like how the mysterious unknown lore around the frame ties into the unknown gender, but maybe edit a bit of the text in the original post. There are some mixed messages with "his" being written a few times while the frame is characterized as having an unknown gender.

As a side note, I'm not 100% convinced the abilities actually fall under a "reality" theme, at least the ones that heavily rely on the cosmos. They just feel more space themed.

9 hours ago, Gashabae said:

Firstly, if this were to work, you'd need to establish an upper and lower limit on the stats; otherwise, armour could end up being <5 and health >5000. Secondly, I don't really see a benefit of having random stats. The stats would either vary substantially causing some annoyance, or have very little variance making it pointless. If there were a sweet spot of some sort, why not just create stats within that sweet spot range? This just seems very gimmicky.

(This is assuming "health stats" only refers to health and armour- it would get very messy if this included shield, energy, and/or sprint).

Sorry that it wasn't explained well. Health stats do only affect health and armour. Shields, energy and sprint being their own category that shall not be touched. There would be a lower and higher limit in health and armour, and the amount would be randomized between the two of them.

Would the frame enter every mission with only their 1st ability available? If that's the case, this is taking Nidus' early game stack problem to a whole 'nother level. Maybe fix this by allowing all r0 versions of their abilities be available to them at frame lvl 0. That's just if you're insistent on keeping this passive since even my suggestion has tons of problems.

As a more permanent solution, removing the affinity economy built into this kit and just using a unique resource akin to Baruuk's Restraint, Gauss' Battery, or Atlas' Rubble, would be a considerable improvement.

He would enter every mission with all of his abilities on the ready. I was planning on giving him reduced energy to balance out a fully kitted warframe on mission one, but thats still in the works. I wouldn't know how to make him balanced in a sense. And I do want to keep the Infinity passive due to its unique behavior and it making it more mysterious and unknown, although I am open to ideas for unique resource aswell.

I like how the mysterious unknown lore around the frame ties into the unknown gender, but maybe edit a bit of the text in the original post. There are some mixed messages with "his" being written a few times while the frame is characterized as having an unknown gender.

As a side note, I'm not 100% convinced the abilities actually fall under a "reality" theme, at least the ones that heavily rely on the cosmos. They just feel more space themed.

Well, he does just literally shatter reality to do these moves. It creates a hole in space-time just to do some of his moves, even if its just by summoning a shooting star and meteors or a portal to a Red Giant. And its last ability literally brings everyone into its own universe, the one that its body is always reflecting. But I do understand your point, but to be honest, I felt like shattering reality and summoning meteors inside a spaceship is quite reality bending.

As for the gender, those are typos and I will fix them. Thank you for letting me know.

Archived