Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Relic Missions

Dragonbrother

So the way they've designed relics missions for Intercepts is ridiculous and needs to change.

The enemies need to be allowed to spawn in, in order to get anywhere near enough reactant to unlock a relic.

If you do not get enough in a round, it resets to #*!%ing zero.

If you let enough enemies get in there to get the drops you need by not securing the radio towers as fast as you can, you almost inevitably fail altogether. In my case, STILL without enough reactant either. So I can't complete the mission if I want the reactant but I can't keep the reactant unless I beat the mission.

What the actual #*!%?

There are bits in that kind of mission that are fairly predictable. You can use them to increase the chance of spawning reactants:

• The number of enemies presents at once is limited, and a fissure most often appears  on present enemies. If the present enemies have not been corrupted after some (short) time, they'll unlikely be.
    Basically, wait for enemies to come instead of looking for them. If they haven't been corrupted by the time they come to melee range, they'll unlikely be.
  • In Interception, enemies will mainly focus on points you've captured, in order.
    So, if you play solo, you can simply put a Specter at the point you captured first, in order to buy time or even entirely prevent its capture, while you go capture others.
  • Since the round ends when one side reaches 100%, you can alternate domination between your and the enemy's side in order to stall for time.
    Alternatively, a less risky way is to take a slight lead by capturing 3 points -- if you play solo, the enemy will start in the lead before you catch up by capturing at least 3 -- then let them take a point. This way, both sides will advance at the same speed, while you keeping a lead.
    If the round nearly finishes by a huge lead on your side and you still need time, you can let them take points, just enough so you can still easily win. For instance: if you are at 90% and the enemy is lower than 70%, you can let them take 3 points and you'll still win as long as you keep the 4th.
  • If you have difficulty to reclaim points when needed, you can use the property of some crowd-control abilities, that allow you to capture a point even with enemies present, as long as all those enemies are affected by said ability -- like Inaros' Sandstorm or Nezha's Divine Spears.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-01-02 at 10:38 PM, maycne.sonahoz said:

Looks more like a rare case of bad luck for corruption spawns.
As far as first Interception Fissure round goes, i hardly fail one or miss reactant, whether solo or in a 4p squad.

LOL

Its not at all rare. 

Now Im not looking to start an argument about this but whenever I decide to do fissures, theres almost always at least one game where we dont get enough Reactant. Theres so many things that can cause a failure and you cant do anything about it unless you only play with friends. It may not happen to you as much, but it dies happen A LOT which is also why a clanmate of mine doesnt do fissures at all he just trades any parts he needs from me. 

Theres simply bugs that can cause no enemies to spawn, but there's also just lack of enemies in general on some missions, mostly lith fissures. 

Then theres the mission types that encourage you to fail, like disruption where almost always one or more people will keep putting the keys in the conduits too quickly dispite warnings, causing everyone to not get enough reactant. Same goes for excavation and any other mission where you can fail by playing normally and not actively slowing things, down. 

I dont consider this a feature you need to plan for or squad up for, its just flawed design which needs to be fixed finally after all these years. 

Archived