Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker's Revenge...

Commander70

Question

Hi.

Stalker appeard in the event mission.

I was like "hm nice,free bp." but then...everything changed when he attacked.

I had my Rhino(without hp/shield mods)and iron skin.

He stunned me many times and shoot off my iron skin + 400 shield with a single shot.

I had Fleeting Expertise and the other mod for energy efficiency so i was able to spam iron skin.

Not a single chance.

I just saw smoke and S#&$ and how i lost my iron skin and very much shield and hp.

My dethcube took 3/4 from his hp but i couldnt even shoot at him.

At the end he killed me...

Which drugs did he take?

Did DE ninja patch him?

Normally i laugh at his damage and kill him easily but wtf did he do?

Edited by Commander70

DE patched him recently; he's now able to detect and knock players out of invisibility. Haven't tried Iron Skin yet, but if you're having that much trouble against him with IS enabled, then he might be able to knock you out of that too.

Looks like it's back to the ol' dueling experience, but harder. XD

I don't mind Stalker knocking us out of invisibility, but being able to detect where we are while we're hiding from him and invisible is too much. He should just attack in the direction that he took damage in when hit by an invisible target to either kill or decloak them, rather than knowing exactly where they are at all times.

Edited by SortaRandom

Dear Commander70,

Due to the nature of the Stalker (And the fact that its not officially in the patch log) you cant really know anything on the specifics on the Stalker.

DE (although deny existence of the Stalker) can edit him freely due he doesn't exist in the patch log.

I have noticed also that the Stalker has recently been slightly modified to do more damage and have a minor AI upgrade.

Sincerely,

charleon

DE patched him recently; he's now able to detect and knock players out of invisibility. Haven't tried Iron Skin yet, but if you're having that much trouble against him with IS enabled, then he might be able to knock you out of that too.

I don't mind Stalker knocking us out of invisibility, but being able to detect where we are while we're hiding from him and invisible is too much. He should just attack in the direction that he took damage in when hit by an invisible target to either kill or decloak them, rather than knowing exactly where they are at all times.

finally someone that don t say that our skill sucks, stalker really had a change

Speaking of the stalker, the team and I killed him in a grineer invasion. I'm very sure his health was below 90%. I didn't receive any blueprint after we completed the mission. Is there a delay before you get the BP?

the stalker has a chance to drop, he doesn t always drop

This is on the right track. Last time I checked the wiki, it said that the Stalker is now capable of removing any buff the player has on them (Iron Skin, Invisibility, etc).

From personal experience, I know the Stalker can remove Rhino's Iron Skin, Ash's Smoke Bomb, and Loki's Invisibility. I haven't yet encountered the (improved?) Stalker with my Trinity yet, but I imagine it's not going to end well.

Edited by castem

Yeah I've been having a lot of run-ins with the stalker recently. I guess the death mark that gets placed on you doesn't go away until you kill the stalker associated with it, because I've only killed Vay Hek once and the stalker associated with that mark has killed me 3 times since then.

But right now I can hardly play solo without being scared for the first 5 minutes of the run. I just recently finished building Rhino, and I maxed out Iron Skin too. I figured "Finally, I'll destroy the Stalkers now"

But nope, he showed up and I was all excited. He ripped Iron Skin off of me. No big deal, I've got 50 energy, I'll just put it right back on. And then boom, he does it again. On top of that, if he pulls a buff off of you it staggers you, so don't use Iron Skin against him because it's useless and only hurts you.

I just can't kill him solo.

Of course I came to that resolution and then started playing the mars event with other players. Stalker came then too, chased me all around and then killed me. Idk what to do lol.

One of the most recent updates had the stalker listed as being fixed because he was invincible and couldn't be killed. Not sure if this made him omnipotent too and is what you encountered or not. Since that update we have had a few runs with him in the invasion missions and he hasn't lasted but a second. Still gets taken down easily by poison and high end weapons. My twin gremlins cut him down in a half second, torrid and soma the same. Of course he always comes after me when I'm using a  new low ranked frame and that means I usually have low ranked weapons too.

Sorry, I am going to be that guy... It is not exactly lack of skill IMHO (havent seen you guys play so cant tell) but from the posts you are fighting him with the wrong mindset. He was changed considerably, is much more dangerous but far from unbeatable if you start the fight by remembering yourself that you need to develop a new tactic to beat him.

He has been very active during the event, I died on my first solo encounter with him during Invasion, but adjusted.

Sorry, I am going to be that guy... It is not exactly lack of skill IMHO (havent seen you guys play so cant tell) but from the posts you are fighting him with the wrong mindset. He was changed considerably, is much more dangerous but far from unbeatable if you start the fight by remembering yourself that you need to develop a new tactic to beat him.

He has been very active during the event, I died on my first solo encounter with him during Invasion, but adjusted.

True, true. It's still a nasty task fighting him as a Loki, though, considering that he now has 0 abilities that do anything more than diddly squat against the Stalker (in addition to the tanking ability of a newborn kitten).

I like the fact that Stalker can remove self-buffs from players, but the fact that he can see through invisibility is just plain irritating, and really a bit broken. It would be nice if he was able to tell exactly where an attack came from, and then spin around to that exact spot, Teleport (since his crosshair will be focused exactly on your character), debuff, and start attacking from there.

While you're invisible, your opponent shouldn't know of your exact whereabouts until you at least make a move. Being able to see directly through invisibility at all times is what we call "cheating".

For Loki and Ash, it's not a fair fight. Fairer than before, perhaps, but the tables have turned too much.

Edited by SortaRandom

No no, apologies, I didnt mean that the Stalker falls for the Decoy... I mean that Decoy and Switch are not affected by his "Steal Power" new ability, so you can use it to reach an otherwise unreachable place and nail him.

...You know what...

I'm gonna try that next time. Thanks for the idea XD

My Loki might stand a chance now...

Edited by SortaRandom

Commander i had the same issue, came across the Stalker a few weeks back on a random mission, and almost had him as my Excalibur Prime and my Orthos, he caught me last night in my maxed out Rhino frame while Iron Skin active and wiped the floor with my arse, i was dead in less than 10 sec (he moves like lightning) -- i had a maxed Bratton, lv 28 Akboltos and lv 26 Orthos, and failed badly.

what are the new tactics needed??