The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Necramech in Arsenal causing PS4 too overheat almost instantly

(PSN)tawmbus

Hello, I had noticed that when I am in the arsenal and have my necramech rendered in the background/to the side, my ps4pro goes from a calm quiet hum to that super intense loud fan that kicks in.

If I am changing equipment or color of my mech while viewing arsenal in the relay, then within 1 sec I get the "ps4 too hot" warning of an impending shutdown.

If I move up to select heavy weapon, or archwing (which will cause the mech to no longer be rendered on the right) then my fan goes right back to a calm quiet hum. 

My ps4 pro has been cleaned within the past 2 weeks, and this has happened from a cold (quite nippy January cold) start.

It happens on both my Bonewidow and my Voidrig (both of which have the new bruntspar mech skin equipped).

This does not translate to gameplay however, as I can use my voidrig and bonewidow without my ps4 screaming in protest (well, when it does I am sure it has to do with the hordes of sentients or infested that are rampaging around me).

It also does not affect my console the same way when viewing my mechs [look] when linked in chat.

I had a voidrig about a week or two after deimos released, and I recall my ps4pro being quite noisy with all that new content so I never took notice of this issue, but today when I was in the relay and looking at my arsenal, it was greatly exacerbated and would have cause a system shut down. It may have been present all along, but only in the relay did I notice it was so bad. ( I happened to be standing next to teshin when accessing my arsenal, if anyone wants to try to reproduce).

TL/DR: Arsenal screen causes system to heatup and scream when the necramech is being rendered on the right sight.

Archived