Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Things That Bug Me

WhiteCopain

I've been playing for a bit now and these are a few things that bug me

Loki: It's very annoying to me that the Loki can switch places at will with other players. It's a cool feature to have that skill, but rather annoying when there's large rooms to transverse and a Loki player desides to just teleport you back to the start so he can be at the end over and over. More so when he does this so he can go up an elevator and leave you there waiting.

I'm not suggesting the skill be removed, but there needs to be a change in player interaction with it or it just creates issues with trolls that will only become worse as time goes on (See: Group of three guys playing Loki and just porting the last person around over and over). There's ways to avoid this, yes, but that doesn't make the concept a good thing.

Close to being pay to win: I tend to spend absurd amounts of money on games for little reason than I want to. I'll probably end up buying a higher founder's pack to support the game.However, it's kind of frustrating that I feel forced to. I cannot upgrade my weapons or frames that I build (Which already take awhile) without an upgrade device that the only way to get in game normally is hope that a randomly generated mission gives me the randomly generated reward of the upgrade device, which I can only use once because it's not a blueprint (not to mention I have to hope it's the right one since Frame and weapon upgrades are different).

This is of course piled up by the fact that I'm only allowed to use two Warframes total unless I pay, which means unless I pay I could spend days farming items and then more days crafting them and then more days using those crafted components to craft the actual thing I want to craft... just to not be able to use it unless I delete something else I went through the proses of making. Weapon slots I can understand here as those give you breathing room, but the Warframe slots are absurdly limiting. Hell I would have probably paid real money to buy another Warframe if I didn't also have to buy the warframe expansion slot. At the least couldn't the paid warframe purchases come with a slot Since they (can) cost ~TWENTY DOLLARS?

I'm not here to rant about the cash shop prices, but I'm reminded of other games that die off fast due to bad market practices and people trying to go "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CASH SHOP." Like WarZ. A S#&$ game that's allowed to go on because there's random Zealots defending it and buying from it.

Regardless, "potentially" being able to get everything for free is not the same as actaully being able to, and it'll cause issues with a lot of people. I can understand that the company needs to make money, but atleast allow people to pay a good chunk of money to get the blueprints for the device.

Frame descriptions: A rather innocent idea with the Excalibur and Loki warframes kinda turns sour in practice. The concept of calling the Excalibur frame a newbie frame makes a lot of people look down on a rather strong and well balanced frame, while calling the Loki frame an advanced frame makes people go for it asap or get it after the start tutorial without thinking much about it. Regardless of the actual power of the frames, people look at "Begginner" and "advanced" and often see their chocie made there. It would be better to reword Excalibur to "A Balanced player's frame" and Loki to "A thinking player's frame" in order to not put people off with them or have them going to something that doesn't match them.

Warframe sounds: I'm fairly new and only really ran into this with the Frost so far, but it's rather bothersome to nonstop hear the Frost's sound effect if I'm just sitting around at the menu. Same goes for things like adding elements to my melee weapon and having it play a loud sound effect. Things like that need to be muted or have an "In lobby mute" option.

There's other things out there that bother me, but for the most part I suppose I can wait and see where they go as most of them are balance or uniqueness things that I assume will get addressed.

Edited by WhiteCopain

I agree on the frame descriptions but c'mon man those orokin things are easy to find.

You don't only get them from ?alerts but also from the raffle, from when you log in for the first time a day.

You just have to wait for the catalyst or reactor to pop-up and just click on it easy as sh*t.

btw great game.

+1

I agree on the frame descriptions but c'mon man those orokin things are easy to find.

You don't only get them from ?alerts but also from the raffle, from when you log in for the first time a day.

You just have to wait for the catalyst or reactor to pop-up and just click on it easy as sh*t.

btw great game.

+1

Easy to potentially find, but I haven't found any without paying. My login bonuses have been exp or some extra credits.

You have to play a long time before you start to get many missions that offer ? bonuses in the first place, which is rather frustrating.

Edited by WhiteCopain