Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack of variety of content, why they raids should return.

Anri_SG

As someone which has played warframe for some time like a lot of other players will say, the variety of content in game is seriously lacking. We only have so many gamemodes in the game and as we constantly farm for new prime parts from relics or resources from invasions, we easily get burnt out doing the same missions in the same way. Even though we got a change of fresh air with open worlds, the concept has already been recycled twice. Despite Deimos being slightly less tedious to grind compared to the other two older open worlds, we are still performing the same routines over and over again just so we can gain access to the new content.

Despite the bugginess of the raids back in the day, they were no doubt the much more fun and interesting compared to everything we have now. I sincerely wish DE could bring back raids again, fix their buggy issues and release more types of raids in the future as a better form of endgame. Compared to killing bullet sponges for hours upon hours for enough steel essence just so we can get a umbra forma which isn't even precrafted.

I still enjoy warframe and I still believe the game has great potential, but in it's current state It's no surprise that new players leave so quickly once they discover what lies at the end is nothing more than what they began with.

2 hours ago, Anri_SG said:

we are still performing the same routines over and over again...

Despite the bugginess of the raids back in the day, they were no doubt the much more fun and interesting compared to everything we have now.

I'm having trouble understanding how you don't see a conflict between these two statements. The old raids were literally just two missions, and they were always the same. Same tileset, same objectives, same level and same enemy types. IMO the only thing limiting players from being bored out of their skulls by the raids were that they were only done once a day.

There is clearly way more variety in what we have now, so from how you've presented your statements I am led to believe that variety isn't the reason you enjoyed raids or want them to come back. Perhaps you could give us a clearer picture as to what made raids enjoyable for you? Did it have to do with a larger squad size? A longer, linear mission design? The fact that you had to do several different things in the same mission like the Kuva Assault mission we have now, as opposed to something like ESO where we do the same thing (kill a bunch of mobs) at every step of the mission? Because let's be real, doing LoR every day wasn't exactly variety in content.

Archived