Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using sorties to allow players to try raids

With raids/trials coming back it got me thinking.

Back when they were first a thing, I wouldn't play the raids because it required 4 people minimum and I didn't want to be a burden on a squad by bumbling around clueless as what to do. I also couldn't organise a large enough squad of mates together for us to bumble through it together. And I do know that there are at least some people out there in the same boat as me.

So my suggestion is this:
Let players spend their daily sortie on a lesser version of the raid. It would be balanced for 1-4 players instead of 4-8, but would still contain all the same elements and puzzles, but rejigged to work with less people (but still giving the player an idea of what would work*). It would still only award sortie drops, but would allow players to get familiar with the raid before tackling it for real.

*For example the pressure plate puzzle from back in the law of retribution, the game would provide a weighted datamass for each missing player, meaning a solo player would still need to use themselves as the weight for the final plate

The game has progressed quite a bit since the removal of raids, since we're probably going to have the Necramech Intrinsic before we get raids, pressure plate mechanics will be even easier to bypass with less people. I believe 2 people were needed for the doors which became 1 because of operators. If there are 8 pressure plates 3 people will be able to occupy them all these days(as long as there are no special nullification areas.). We'll have to see how trials are reworked to fit the way things have changed.

A trial for trials would be nice, though.

Archived