Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Let's Meet To Leecher

StanicEnemy

If they have all "0"s in their mission stats, report them to support with a support ticket. If they do nothing/sit at spawn, it's tantamount to cheating, and isn't allowed.

But aren't you supposed to do that after the same player committed multitude of afk leechings? But then again how do you know it if after a mission he disappears into thin grineer fart and never seen again afterwards...

The big issue with players leeching is pretty well known to DE at this point. It is very likely they'll experiment with ways to prevent it.

Unfortunately, it is much more difficult then it sounds to prevent people from doing it entirely.

Its pretty much impossible to completely prevent due to not being able to clearly define what it is and how easily someone could get around any defined instance.

This may be an interesting read - http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/what-should-be-banned.html

Honestly you can't really do anything, nor should you really try. Its pretty much a wasted and pointless effort, when far more important things need to be worked on in the game.

What would help more than anything they try to do to not allow it would simply be a "blacklist". Get a leecher in your game? Block them from playing with you again.  Yeah its more of a band-aid and not treating the wound but thats all you really can do with something like this. 

it's tantamount to cheating, 

lol what. No. I don't like leechers in my games as much as the next but its no where near equivalent to cheating. 

Thank you all to replaying back my message,as you can see there were two leecher in my game which played two min ago.

I was played as frost prime with full tank build no dmg on skills.

VcdadKG.jpg

This is not leeching, or even if it was it would be incredibly hard to determine and enforce.

I played as Nova in all my games and got 90-99% of the kills in every single game. Some players, who were actually playing and not leeching, legitimately didn't get any kills and most of the time only got very few. Their stats looked similar. 

I also noticed quite a bit the post game report didn't count many of my kills, I'd end up with 40-60 of the kills (out of 90-120 total), despite doing pretty much all the work and the other players only having maybe 1-5 each. Whos to say the report isn't doing the same for some of these players? 

Don't report these players, you're just wasting supports time if you do. 

Edited by iTzLazer

• 4 weeks later...

DONT WORRY FRIEND, WHERE EVER YOU FIND HUMAN BEINGS YOU WILL FIND LEECHERS JUST DISREGARD THEM AS IF THEY ARE FECES ON THE GROUND AND CONTINUE ON YOUR WAY 

Except, as you so colorfully put, feces does not occupy a seat in my car. It might be outside my car somewhere where I can ignore it and does not occupy a seat. Idlers/AFKers do however occupy that seat (4 player slots, and any number of them could be idlers).

Edited by Mayflower