Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Disappointed In The Lanka

Vallerian

Having used Snipetron Vandal, Lanka, and now trying the master the Vulkar (I know, should have been backwards), I have to say, the Lanka is fine. The first thing I did after potato-ing it was adding Shred and Speed Trigger. Once you have those two, the charge time is literally around the amount of time I need to re-aim between enemies. With a crit build (not even maxed, due to my lack of polarities), Lanka was one-shotting all non-heavies and two-shotting all heavies in the Invasion Missions. So I do think its a pretty darn good rifle.

The only thing the Snipetron Vandal have over this rifle is slight improvement in versatility due to lack of charge. Because honestly, with both fire rate mods, by the time you realigned the head of the next enemy, you're practically done charging the next shot.

The Lanka was meant to replace the Snipetron as the current Corpus sniper. It does not fail miserably at sniping. You continue to confuse the lack of versatility with the lack of effectiveness/efficiency.

If a weapon fails at long range then it fails as a sniper.

Sniping = long range kills.

Lanka has the greatest difficulty of the 4 snipers killing at long range.

It's a decent mid range weapon.

But to call it a sniper is laughable

Having used Snipetron Vandal, Lanka, and now trying the master the Vulkar (I know, should have been backwards), I have to say, the Lanka is fine. The first thing I did after potato-ing it was adding Shred and Speed Trigger. Once you have those two, the charge time is literally around the amount of time I need to re-aim between enemies. With a crit build (not even maxed, due to my lack of polarities), Lanka was one-shotting all non-heavies and two-shotting all heavies in the Invasion Missions. So I do think its a pretty darn good rifle.

The only thing the Snipetron Vandal have over this rifle is slight improvement in versatility due to lack of charge. Because honestly, with both fire rate mods, by the time you realigned the head of the next enemy, you're practically done charging the next shot.

You snipe really slowly then.

Lanka is not nearly as fast enough to be worthy of being used by my.

If a weapon fails at long range then it fails as a sniper.

Sniping = long range kills.

Lanka has the greatest difficulty of the 4 snipers killing at long range.

It's a decent mid range weapon.

But to call it a sniper is laughable

The Lanka only "fails" at long range (i.e. 100 meters or more) due to the existence of ballistic deviation bugs in projectiles with travel time:

1) Piercing objects directs the deviation down and to the right significantly

2) Firing at long range isn't supposed to deviate the projectile (i.e. hidden spread?)

You snipe really slowly then.

Lanka is not nearly as fast enough to be worthy of being used by my.

You are so impatient. Whatever happened to aiming at weak points?

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Well I actually have Paris Prime. but I doubt that makes a difference.

I despise using the Lanka. I would have loved to use the Snipertron Vandal but I missed the event.

The Lanka is just wonky and quite an ineffective sniper. 

Even the Vulkar is better than the Lanka when it comes to sniping. Lanka just has better stats and reload.

I cannot use a weapon that forced me to block just to cancel a shot and has a dreadfully long charge time when it's supposed to be a sniper.

I'd rather use Paris Prime and stick to it's complications.

With this reply, I can be fairly sure you haven't even play Lanka enough to compare it to Paris.

Here's the video I promised: 

You can see from the video that the biggest thing that's stopping Lanka from being much faster than Paris(or Prime for that matter, since both have the same charge time and reload time), is the reload, without the reload, Lanka can actually fire faster than the Paris. Since the bow drawing animation will prevent Paris having any faster fire rate. Furthermore, Lanka has the superiority in base damage. Having 150% more damage than the Paris and 60% more than the Primed counterpart, Lanka scale exceptionally well into late game with elemental mods. Also, Lanka has a faster projectile speed than both Paris and Paris Prime(slightly, but human eyes can still tell the difference), making it better at sniping moving targets.

The Lanka only "fails" at long range (i.e. 100 meters or more) due to the existence of ballistic deviation bugs in projectiles with travel time:

1) Piercing objects directs the deviation down and to the right significantly

2) Firing at long range isn't supposed to reduce accuracy

You are so impatient.

1) Sounds like a Lanka problem. Disliked even more.

2) Another Lanka issue making it even worse of a "sniper" than before.

3) I've been sniping in many games for a very long time. To call Lanka a sniper is really just laughable. The weapon is way to slow and inefficient to be remotely good as far as sniping goes.

If you care about damage only then Lanka is for you. If you want a real sniper then Lanka is the absolute worst choice possible.

With this reply, I can be fairly sure you haven't even play Lanka enough to compare it to Paris.

Here's the video I promised: 

You can see from the video that the biggest thing that's stopping Lanka from being much faster than Paris(or Prime for that matter, since both have the same charge time and reload time), is the reload, without the reload, Lanka can actually fire faster than the Paris. Since the bow drawing animation will prevent Paris having any faster fire rate. Furthermore, Lanka has the superiority in base damage. Having 150% more damage than the Paris and 60% more than the Primed counterpart, Lanka scale exceptionally well into late game with elemental mods. Also, Lanka has a faster projectile speed than both Paris and Paris Prime(slightly, but human eyes can still tell the difference), making it better at sniping moving targets.

Paris isn't really even a sniper.

Lanka is one of the worst snipers I've ever used and I dislike basically every single thing about it.

You are so impatient. Whatever happened to aiming at weak points?

I think he only wants to use snipers as Strun Wraith, but I can understand, being able to deal amazingly high damage, relatively high fire rate, while having low accuracy related penalty, people would be used to it and can't take other slow weapons.

I think he only wants to use snipers as Strun Wraith, but I can understand, being able to deal amazingly high damage, relatively high fire rate, while having low accuracy related penalty, people would be used to it and can't take other slow weapons.

Way to insult me.

When I snipe I aim for the weakspots.

All of the time.

I only use precision weapons. Infact I hate shotguns so much.

Lanka is just trash and cannot be called a sniper.

I'd take the Snipertron Vandal over Lanka any day.

Shame I missed the event.

The new Tenno Sniper Rifle is my last chance at a real sniper.

Edited by Anarties

1) Sounds like a Lanka problem. Disliked even more.

2) Another Lanka issue making it even worse of a "sniper" than before.

3) I've been sniping in many games for a very long time. To call Lanka a sniper is really just laughable. The weapon is way to slow and inefficient to be remotely good as far as sniping goes.

If you care about damage only then Lanka is for you. If you want a real sniper then Lanka is the absolute worst choice possible.

1) It's a problem affecting every single projectile with travel time.

2) Refer to the first response

3) The Lanka is a sniper. What sort of standards do you even hold for sniping? Because as far as I know, the Lanka is a more "realistic" sniper and the better sniping weapon. Sniping is intended to take down targets in one shot, as a second shot can be problematic.

Paris isn't really even a sniper.

Lanka is one of the worst snipers I've ever used and I dislike basically every single thing about it.

Way to insult me.

When I snipe I aim for the weakspots.

All of the time.

I only use precision weapons. Infact I hate shotguns so much.

Lanka is just trash and cannot be called a sniper.

The Paris is a close-range sniping weapon. And the rest shows your bias and/or hardheadedness.

Show some videos at least. Give us proof for your dislike. Everything we've stated has been posted before in the forums as a video or a screenshot.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

1) It's a problem affecting every single projectile with travel time.

2) Refer to the first response

3) The Lanka is a sniper. What sort of standards do you even hold for sniping? Because as far as I know, the Lanka is a more "realistic" sniper and the better sniping weapon. Sniping is intended to take down targets in one shot, as a second shot can be problematic.

The Paris is a close-range sniping weapon. And the rest shows your bias.

1) Like that matters when it's not an effective sniper due to it's pathetic charge mechanism.

2) See number 1.

3) My standards for sniping is the Snipertron Vandal. Sadly I don't have one so I am forced to use a Paris Prime.

Paris Prime is a forced choice as the Vulkar is trash, Lanka is even worse and the Snipertron Vandal is out of my reach.

If I could help it I'd go for Snipertron Vandal but that's not an option.

Edited by Anarties

So you're saying even the Vulkar is better? That piece of trash with laughable damage, extremely slow reload, and tiny clip size? If you can't even keep up with moving targets, you might as well give up sniping all together. Vandaltron? It's only armor piercing, meaning it deals much much less damage than Lanka on lvl 70's and above. Heavies can be killed with Lanka in 3 shots, with Vandaltron you'll probably take 6 to 7 shots.

Edited by Recyclex

So you're saying even the Vulkar is better? That piece of trash with laughable damage, extremely slow reload, and tiny clip size? If you can't even keep up with moving targets, you might as well give up sniping all together. Vandaltron? It's only armor piercing, meaning it deals much much less damage than Lanka on lvl 70's and above. Heavies can be killed with Lanka in 3 shots, with Vandaltron you'll probably take 6 to 7 shots.

If you actually read before I said Vulkar is a better sniper. Lanka just has better stats.

I play bows and I can lead shots just fine. I just hate actually having to do that when I can click and obliterate anything.

I care more about actually being able to hit my targets with ease than to waste my time leading a target with a wonky sniper.

Even then, leading a target is a really easy fix.

If Lanka charged on it's own I'd actually like it about 50 times more than I do now.

Edited by Anarties

Please remind me how many maps have a big enough area for Lanka to fall out of its effective range. Last I checked, it was only a couple of Corpus and open area Phobe maps that even has the space for super long range sniping.

If you can't use the Lanka effectively in all the other areas of the game (all of which have less than 100 meter of space between you and the enemy at any time), then the problem probably lies in your mid-range gameplay than anything else.

Show us, I don't think you'd be able to "obliterate" mobs with Vulkar in a T3 mission.

Vulkar is too weak to do anything...you must not read too well.

Why not show us some of your videos? Gameplay or research, as long as you have prove we'll believe you. Because looking at all your post it seems that you're just hating the weapon and not giving any constructive suggestions.

I don't even have the ability to record videos.

I've already sold my Lanka anyway after putting a forma on it. I disliked it too much.

Get rid of the Lanka charge mechanism and it will be decent.

1) Like that matters when it's not an effective sniper due to it's pathetic charge mechanism.

2) See number 1.

3) My standards for sniping is the Snipertron Vandal. Sadly I don't have one so I am forced to use a Paris Prime.

Paris Prime is a forced choice as the Vulkar is trash, Lanka is even worse and the Snipertron Vandal is out of my reach.

If I could help it I'd go for Snipertron Vandal but that's not an option.

Explain how the charge mechanism hinders the overall efffectiveness of the Lanka.

The Snipetron Vandal is the current most powerful versatile sniper. It is not the best sniper. Versatility is not equivalent to being the best in sniping (refer to my standards).

You cannot be serious when you say that the Lanka is worse than the Vulkar.

Why not show us some of your videos? Gameplay or research, as long as you have prove we'll believe you. Because looking at all your post it seems that you're just hating the weapon and not giving any constructive suggestions.

Screenshots also work.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Please remind me how many maps have a big enough area for Lanka to fall out of its effective range. Last I checked, it was only a couple of Corpus and open area Phobe maps that even has the space for super long range sniping.

If you can't use the Lanka effectively in all the other areas of the game (all of which have less than 100 meter of space between you and the enemy at any time), then the problem probably lies in your mid-range gameplay than anything else.

It's during those extremely long range times that the flaws of the Lanka shine.

Other than that the Lanka is really easy to use.

Doesn't mean I like the weapon.

Explain how the charge mechanism hinders the overall efffectiveness of the Lanka.

The Snipetron Vandal is the current most powerful versatile sniper. It is not the best sniper. Versatility is not equivalent to being the best in sniping (refer to my standards).

You cannot be serious when you say that the Lanka is worse than the Vulkar.

With the charge you cannot just see an enemy, line up a shot, click and obliterate. You have to run around holding a charge to actually do that.

Lanka is far from the best as well. It's too inefficient on moving targets, especially glitched out bad guys running in really quick circles.

Like I've said. Vulkar has a much easier time sniping. Lanka just has better stats. As far as snipers goes. Vulkar is better. As far as weapons go in general. Lanka is MUCH better.

Fraps can do the recording yo.

FYI I do have the S Vandal, but I just don't like it. 

Because it's damage is still too damn low.

I already said I sold my Lanka because it's trash.

Do you care about game balance or constructive criticism?

We've gone over this.

I wont answer this a second time.

He's basically saying "OMG I hate the Lanka and I'm going to whine all over it in this discussion thread, not even going to care about anything else!"

How mature.

Refrain from stooping to childish antics like this otherwise you wont be worth talking to.

Edited by Anarties