Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Disappointed In The Lanka

Vallerian

it IS a bullet-based weapon. it's in-game description:

The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction.

That is pretty much a description of a railgun, forgive me for not reading or remembering that text. So either the description is wrong or its game mechanics are wrong, I guess something needs to be done about that.

Edited by NullCurrent

Currently its mechanics seem to work like some kind of plasma-rifle, and it produces a pretty believable behaviour; heat the plasma and charge the accelerator coils, then fire off the projectile of superheated plasma which moves fast-but-not-at-bullet-speed.

Plasma weapons are purely fiction. Mostly due to the fact that plasma is by definition a ionized GAS, thus lacking the mass to either deal a punch anywhere near a bullet, nor to carry enough thermal energy to heat a damn thing when they hit it. It's basically hot steam that glows.

Then there are issues with making it stay in a blob that can be lobbed around.

Then again, they are a staple of SF so they aren't going away from games.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Plasma weapons are purely fiction. Mostly due to the fact that plasma is by definition a ionized GAS, thus lacking the mass to either deal a punch anywhere near a bullet, nor to carry enough thermal energy to heat a damn thing when they hit it. It's basically hot steam that glows.

Then there are issues with making it stay in a blob that can be lobbed around.

So essentially all Corpus weapons are odd stuff that shouldn't exist :D

I see two solutions to this:

1) Change the mechanics of the Lanka to become hitscan with some projectile trail

2) Change the description of the Lanka (and some other Corpus tech)

it IS a bullet-based weapon. it's in-game description:

The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction.

that makes it either a railgun or a coilgun, the former more likely as the latter needs very very long rails to accelerate anything.

If that's high velocity I'm Santa Claus, but it's still a railgun shooting bullets.

^ This +1

Regardless of its appearance, currently the "Bullet" and the travel time does not match the description of the weapon.

To an extent this gun needs a change, railgun MOA shot is an easy fix; it even has a cool charge up effect < (who the hell dosnt want this,

its unique!) and it matches the actual description of the lanka

Its overall appearance; however could stay, but that wouldnt be very creative retaining and old model from alpha and early beta days of a gun that shouldn't exist anymore.

(Would be best to get some creative juices flowing).

Lanka... is the only Primary Weapon I bring into T3 Defense.

It is more accurate than a bow, what with the shot not having the arcs of arrows to deal with.

It hits like a truck.

Armor Ignore Damage, Always a Bonus.

It is a Crit Damage Monster.

It is ammo Efficient.

I understand the OPs frustration with the Lanka, but it just needs more effort to shine like the glorious tool of destruction it is.

Fire Rate mods, just like with other non hitscan weapons, not only increase rate of fire, but also projectile travel time. So it makes even more sense to throw on Fire Rate mods onto this baby.

While the gun lighting up is a slight annoyance at times, DE implemented it so it would be like the Ogris, letting you know when it was charged and you can take your shots.

I wish you luck with your sniper rifle conundrums, OP, but just remember, Armor Ignore.

Snipetron Vandal is nice for low ranks, but higher on.. like most weapons, it falls short.

So essentially all Corpus weapons are odd stuff that shouldn't exist :D

I see two solutions to this:

1) Change the mechanics of the Lanka to become hitscan with some projectile trail

2) Change the description of the Lanka (and some other Corpus tech)

Yeah, edited the post above, plasma guns are a staple of SF, just because they are cool.

I'd just change the description to something like "A souped up version of the same technology powering the Dera and the Supra, the Lanka keeps together the charge to generate a single stronger and highly penetrating shot"

Still does not make it a better sniper rifle (nor particularly realistic), but would at least warn people that it's a weird thing. And being that only fluff text, it's a snap to change.

Then they better work their backsides off and make an ACTUAL sniper rifle, and possibly buff the Vulkar. I like how it looks but it's just awful stat-wise.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

the only thing i have to sya about the lanka is:

It is a very nice weapon, with a very lazy and cheap (to not say not existant) model work.

same look as a snipetron? really? that was laazy.

if you ask me, a better model for the lanka hould be like this:

Rail-Gun-concept-Sparth.jpg

NOTE: no my concept, just googled it.

If it looked like that it would be a dera. xD

Aannnnd Vectis just trumped Lanka in terms of single shot damage. With 200% crit damage and a higher crit chance, the Vectis is going to be the best sniper in game all around. Not to forget the fact that it's a Tenno weapon, so it's highly likely that there will be a Vectis Prime in the future.

DE, please do something for Lanka, it's a rank 7 clan tech, don't let it become worse than some low rank non-clan weapon.

Edited by Recyclex

Aannnnd Vectis just trumped Lanka in terms of single shot damage. With 200% crit damage and a higher crit chance, the Vectis is going to be the best sniper in game all around. Not to forget the fact that it's a Tenno weapon, so it's highly likely that there will be a Vectis Prime in the future.

DE, please do something for Lanka, it's a rank 7 clan tech, don't let it become worse than some low rank non-clan weapon.

Remember the niche Lanka was supposed to fill?

Lol.

Yep, this is the worst feeling ever. This difference is just as big as the Soma versus the Flux Rifle, the Strun Wraith compared to the other shotguns, and the Brakk against the Bronco series.

I'm just giving up and and waiting, hoping that Armor/Damage 2.0 adds in balancing.

Remember the niche Lanka was supposed to fill?

Lol.

Why am I not surprised by this?

Edited by ChaoticVice777

I used to have the Lanka before getting rid of it but these are my stats on it.

38df3c60-437c-41de-bed0-ded646a64ecc_zps

And here is my stats

If the image comes out messed up somehow, 105% accuracy :D

Did I mention how much I love the Lanka and multishot? I wasn't even trying and I got above 100 accuracy

Who said the Lanka was hard to use again?

0ci6.jpg

Edited by Vector88

And here is my stats

Did I mention how much I love the Lanka and multishot? I wasn't even trying and I got above 100 accuracy

0ci6.jpg

Felt like reposting:

Here's my own stats for the Lanka:

fw8t.png

And here is my stats

0ci6.jpg

Yep, just added Split Chamber and Shred to my Lanka, already increased my accuracy by 1% in 4 defense missions.

And here is my stats

0ci6.jpg

Never said it was hard lol.

I use my Lanka to shoot barrels and stuff all of of the time so of course my percentage is pretty low.

Forgive me for not running up to barrels and slicing them open.

Have fun with your Lanka, which suits your style.

I'll have fun with my Vectis which suits my style.

And here is my stats

0ci6.jpg

Felt like reposting:

You don't need to make the Lanka charge on its own. Most people are asking for a reskin and/or a look in the bugs with projectile ballistics.

Here's my own stats for the Lanka:

fw8t.png

Never said it was hard lol.

I use my Lanka to shoot barrels and stuff all of of the time so of course my percentage is pretty low.

Forgive me for not running up to barrels and slicing them open.

Have fun with your Lanka, which suits your style.

I'll have fun with my Vectis which suits my style.

The Vectis is outright superior to the Lanka; at least the Snipetron Vandal and the Lanka had some balance between them.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

For your information, shooting barrels and storage chests/boxes will actually increase your accuracy, unless you "fail to hit anything at all".

For your information, shooting barrels and storage chests/boxes will actually increase your accuracy, unless you "fail to hit anything at all".

Oh really? I'd love to see proof.

I suppose I just miss barrels/people because I do my best to rush and snipe at the same time.

Not like I care.

Have fun with your Lanka and obsession over % in accuracy,

I'll enjoy my Vectis.

Edited by Anarties

Oh really? I'd love to see proof.

I suppose I just miss barrels/people because I do my best to rush and snipe at the same time.

Not like I care.

Have fun with your Lanka and obsession over % in accuracy,

I'll enjoy my Vectis.

More excuses to cover your mistakes? Enjoy your new gun then, and take your negativity away from here with you.

More excuses to cover your mistakes? Enjoy your new gun then, and take your negativity away from here with you.

More proof you do not have of me actually being a bad sniper?

Once again.

Implying that I never improved with the Lanka you are.

So silly lol.

I'll abandon your fallacious argument.

Implying you're the only player that improves with snipers.

My point exactly.

Your argument is rendered moot.

You cannot judge someone off of stats alone.

You can only judge them off of gameplay.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

We've both had points to prove.

Glad we got that squared away.

Have a good day fellow Tenno.

May you enjoy your Lanka to the fullest.

I can take my negativity away now that I have a real sniper.

Edited by Anarties