Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Quality of Life] Task Suggestions Interface

(PSN)MoRockaPDX

There is an appeal to figuring things out on your own, for sure. But, I think the games that do that the best are really focused on making sure there is strong environmental hints. Warframe, isn't devoid of this, and its not like tutorialization isn't happening. The solar rails is a great example of shaping the players path to teach them how the game can be played. 

0PXIRSL.jpg

Here is a suggestion I think that could let players keeps on task. I got this idea from Crusaders Kings 3. I played Crusader King 2, but was not very successful at it. Because, I was often overwhelmed by the number of systems and events happening. When CK3 came out it had a suggested task toolbar. This was immensely useful. Sure, sometimes it felt like a brutal task master, and that can be addressed but, generally it was a huge help. 

The way I would envision it for Warframe would be a suggested task list interface on the orbiter, that is populated by NPC's in the game. This mostly works naturally and many NPC's where introduced along with new systems. Ordis, and the Lotus are good general taskmasters. The rest can be assigned areas of speciality, to provide suggested activities. For Example:
Ordis - Orbiter Related Tasks. Foundry, as in reminders to build new forms, etc. Arsenal, reminder to build sitting blueprints, locate missing resource, and complete mastery. 
Lotus - Suggests Star Chart Missions, Quests, and Gernerally guides the players story progression.

This could work like a feed the player can up vote or down vote each type of suggestion. Perhaps apply filters, to customize the types of content they want. For example, if you no longer want suggestions for building forma, or finishing mastering a new weapon, then you can disable or down vote those types of suggestions. You could even have it offer tips for the kinds of suggestions to customize for. Want to focus on quests? Or, focus on Star Map progression? Maybe, you want a specific Warframe. Have this tie in with the Codex as well to help the player understand how to use it as a tool for locating gear, and learning the strength and weaknesses of enemies. 

Put this system in the mobile app too.

Archived