Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Glaives

Sorakamii

I'm just one of the thousands of players that got the glaive during that alert and i love it so far. This post is really just a suggestion but wouldn't it be kind of cool having two Glaives instead of one. That way once i throw the first one I'll have another or I just throw them both and see body parts go flying everywhere.

let you fly 4ever

"4ever" I died...

Also on the topic of dual glaives, I believe it would not be particularly overpowered or unwieldly. As it is the glaive is stored in the forearm and drops down for usage, just have one on each forearm and throw them separately. The fire rate could be treated similarly to that of other dual weapons with reduced accuracy but higher fire rate. I could see this working rather spectacularly. It's not like we are unacustomed to giant spinning discs abound (the grineer eviscerator hords present in the war event)

Edited by Lucem-Infernalem

Twin Glaives? The idea itself just sounds silly, because the weapons are large, flashy, and come back. It'll look like horizontal juggling.

Gonna have to say no to this. It doesn't suit the game at all.

So you're playing a game with a weapon (glaive) that does enough damage to kill and yet still find its way back to your hand...even after hitting multiple trajectory-altering objects...even around corners.  And it's the idea of having two of them that you find silly?  Hmmm....

I think it just doesn't suit you.  That's your oppinion, which is fine.

My oppinion...gimme twin glaives!!!

So you're playing a game with a weapon (glaive) that does enough damage to kill and yet still find its way back to your hand...even after hitting multiple trajectory-altering objects...even around corners.  And it's the idea of having two of them that you find silly?  Hmmm....

I think it just doesn't suit you.  That's your oppinion, which is fine.

My oppinion...gimme twin glaives!!!

I'm not talking about effectiveness or the realism of the concept of two thrown weapons. If you were ambidextrous and were all muscular and had a knack for hurling two hunting boomerangs at once, then by all means, go right ahead. I won't judge.

I'm just saying that doing so would simply look way too silly and out of place for this game's art style. Throwing both at once would look ridiculous, and throwing one at a time would, as I already said, look like horizontal juggling. Toss one, toss the other, catch one, catch the other while tossing the first one, catch the first one while tossing the second one, whatever. I simply cannot imagine that and think of a single scenario in which a ninja, soldier, assassin, hunter, or movie stuntsman would ever do something of the sort unless it was one of those comic relief action scenes.

If you have a description of how Twin Glaives would work that you don't think would be detrimental to the game's somewhat gritty style, then I'd love to hear it.

I'm not talking about effectiveness or the realism of the concept of two thrown weapons. If you were ambidextrous and were all muscular and had a knack for hurling two hunting boomerangs at once, then by all means, go right ahead. I won't judge.

I'm just saying that doing so would simply look way too silly and out of place for this game's art style. Throwing both at once would look ridiculous, and throwing one at a time would, as I already said, look like horizontal juggling. Toss one, toss the other, catch one, catch the other while tossing the first one, catch the first one while tossing the second one, whatever. I simply cannot imagine that and think of a single scenario in which a ninja, soldier, assassin, hunter, or movie stuntsman would ever do something of the sort unless it was one of those comic relief action scenes.

If you have a description of how Twin Glaives would work that you don't think would be detrimental to the game's somewhat gritty style, then I'd love to hear it.

Why throwing both aonce?if were able to throw 1 at a time it woudnt look silly. Edited by Altey

The more I think about it, I think I can kind of see SortaRandom's point about the horizontal juggling look to it.  If you charged and hit the melee key and it automatically threw the right one then the left one, it might look a little strange.  I think if they could include a mechanic that would allow the user to control when the second one would get thrown, then it would be awesome to use.

That might be a little tough, though.  It doesn't make me want it any less, though!!

Why throwing both aonce?if were able to throw 1 at a time it woudnt look silly.

Did you even read my post?

Throwing both at once would look ridiculous, and throwing one at a time would, as I already said, look like horizontal juggling. Toss one, toss the other, catch one, catch the other while tossing the first one, catch the first one while tossing the second one, whatever.

'Throwing' both simultaneously would work if the twin variant had launcher mechanisms installed in the sheathes. Wielders can opt to eject a single Glaive from the sheathe into the hand for melee usage, or can fire both from the holsters towards targets at range for the charge attack.

Logically speaking though, catching both Glaives on the return might be problematic, considering that the Tenno would require both hands free, and therefore meaning they couldn't be holding their primary or secondary when doing so. Temporarily restricting their usage could, however, be worked into the mechanics as a trade-off in exchange for essentially doubling the damage output relative to a single Glaive.

Edited by Renegade-CIX