Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loss of mouse and keyboard use on Xbox in game

(XBOX)L115A3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Omega2079 said:

Looks like it's actually disabled in this build. No settings for it in options.

Can anyone confirm their k&m IS working on the new update?

m&k IS indeed working in this update but you can "only" use keyboard "or" mouse and if you "can" access the options menu with a keyboard it will show your key bindings 

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dragod666 said:

m&k IS indeed working in this update but you can "only" use keyboard "or" mouse and if you "can" access the options menu with a keyboard it will show your key bindings 

Thank you. I went a few months without k&m when railjack was first released, before finding a fix. Deleting the games saved cache didn't work this time. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)L115A3 said:

After U30 , can’t seem to get mouse or keyboard to work in game , was working perfectly fine just before update 

Yeah, for me too, only one USB device works at a time, but, if you have like a Wireless mouse and Keyboard with only one receiver, it works, that's not ideal though.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Dragod666 said:

I can confirm that k&m combos that use a single usb will work.

Confirmed; I have single USB and the devices work, but keystrokes aren't exactly responsive. If I'm transitioning areas I need to release all keys before trying to move or I just sit there. Could just be me but wasn't causing issues before today. Also the scroll wheel doesn't seem to work in menus.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Charybdian said:

Confirmed; I have single USB and the devices work, but keystrokes aren't exactly responsive. If I'm transitioning areas I need to release all keys before trying to move or I just sit there. Could just be me but wasn't causing issues before today. Also the scroll wheel doesn't seem to work in menus.

Not just in menus for me, scroll wheel is non functional in its entirety. I've also has issues where when leaving menus, changing areas (such as exiting and entering ships in railjack), interacting with turrets and piloting the railjack, and returning from operator halts all movement unless I release and press movement keys again.

More testing with directly connected devices (no hubs)

As others have mentioned, connecting too many usb input devices causes Warframe to ignore input. 

A Logitech G502 (Mouse with keyboard function) by itself is functional. Connecting a keyboard will conflict. (input ignored)

Multiple (simultaneous) keyboards will be ignored by the game, but the Xbox still accepts input (Windows key on all keyboards opens the Xbox menu)

Mice (with no keyboard function) will work with separate keyboards (not two-in-one w/ mouse)

Two-in-ones (with no other devices connected) will work.

Devs:

- please allow input from multiple devices, as the game did prior to update 30.

- Several mouse adjustments are still missing from the options menu even with a working keyboard and mouse combination.

Me too I have the same problem with mouse and keyboard on Xbox my mouse works but it doesn't register I have a keyboard plugged in I can type and use the xbox menu with my keyboard but when I go in game I can't do anything and when I go in the settings I don't even have the opiton of changing keyboard key bindings because it doesn't register the keyboard (as I said) It has worked all the time but after this update it broke... Please fix it fast.

From my own testing...

Connected wireless Cosair keyboard only to Series X  -> full functionality in game with all keybind changes made prior to U30 working.

Connected wired Logi G600 only to Series X -> full functionality in game...abilities 1 through 4 worked exactly as prior to U30 update.

Connected wireless Cosair Keyboard & wired Logi G600 -> keyboard works perfectly; mouse cursor works, LMB/RMB/MMB work but all other mappable buttons no longer functional.

I know this is a minor test case, but thought I'd provide some info...hope it gets resolved quickly.  The game looks gorgeous :)

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Krisko04BG said:

Me too I have the same problem with mouse and keyboard on Xbox my mouse works but it doesn't register I have a keyboard plugged in I can type and use the xbox menu with my keyboard but when I go in game I can't do anything and when I go in the settings I don't even have the opiton of changing keyboard key bindings because it doesn't register the keyboard (as I said) It has worked all the time but after this update it broke... Please fix it fast.

It seems harder to build up momentum to quickly move through a map as a warframe. Using a keyboard, squatting to bullet jumps often results in falling into pits. It's like the game is waiting for an animation frame, or maybe the CTRL button needs to be held down for a longer than before.

I don't get the same feeling using the controller, but it may just be that I'm not well adapt at using it. 

Archived