Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Next Steps of Railjack

(PSN)zj0ker20

Over the past few days, I have been playing the new Railjack missions, and have found them to be a major improvement over what came before.  However, there is still work to be done, and in this post I would like to list what I believe should be added to Railjack:

Re-add Host Option:  I got no problems with loading into someone else's ship, especially with the Plexus, but I want it to be easier to take my own ship into missions.  Starting your Railjack missions from your ship should allow you to host a mission, as apposed to loading into someone else's ship.

New Grineer Missions:  The Corpus missions are good, but I saw that there was no real change to the Grineer Railjack missions apart from the removal of a few mission nodes and making them compatible with Void Storms.  If the Corpus have their own special missions, then the Grineer should too.  On that note:

More Mission Types:  Railjack needs to hove more mission types.  It has a good selection of stuff now, but more would be better, like Spy, Capture, and Rescue.  Survival could be possible as well, with you manually launching Life Support Capsules from your Railjack.  Protecting civilian ships away from conflicts, or boarding a Syndicate ship to help with repairs, with rewards ranging from resources to Syndicate Standing, could be a welcome addition to the Railjack Mission roster.  Corpus Assassination Missions could also be a good type of mission.  Maybe throw in that eventual Sergeant rework?

Alert Missions and Invasions:  The most recent Steel Path changes brought back the old Alert system offering Steel Essence, which is good, but I think this system could be applied to Railjack very well.  Timed Alert Missions with large payouts would make more players hop into Railjack.  Also, as an Invasion occurs on a planet, there should also be an Invasion happening in the air space above between Galleons and Obelisks.  

Pirates:  Pirates have been mentioned in Warframe several times, but we have yet to actually see them.  They could be either a entirely new set of missions, attacking Pirate Strongholds or fleets, or a random element with a pirate ship attacking you without warning while doing other Railjack missions, like the Stalker or the Syndicate Hit-Squads.  Maybe a way to reintroduce the Wolf of Saturn Six?

More OpLink Missions:  This feature was shown off at TennoCon and introduced in Scarlet Spear, but it hasn't reappeared yet.  It should, maybe in a reoccurring game mode or a future Operation.  This might be a way to reintroduce raids.

Conclave Integration:  Railjack could be a possible way to revitalize the Conclave section of the game.  Two or more teams facing off against each other In generic Railjacks with preset weapons and Battle Abilities could be fun.  This could come with new game modes as well, ranging from Capture the Flag to Objective Defense or simple Extermination.

Liches:  I know there are plans to make Liches big enemies in Railjack, but I thought I should mention them.

Crew Adjustments:  I don't have many complaints about the Crew system right now, mainly because I haven't used them much, but this feature should be expanded with Ostron and Solaris workers.  Also, maybe stop having them run around like headless chickens in the Dry Dock.  It was amusing at first but now it's annoying.

Radio Scanner:  Tying into the previous comments about Alert Missions and Pirates, a built-in radio scanner could expand gameplay.  It could pick up messages from stranded ships in need, or hear mysterious broadcasts, or just play music.

The Infestation:  Adding the Infested would create a whole new set of missions to work with.  Stopping Infested ships from escaping or purging overrun locations could work well.  Also, adding the Infested might be a new way of re-adding the Jordas Verdict Raid with the OpLink system.

Lore:  In addition to loot, the abandoned Derelicts we find could be a source of Lore apart from Nightwave and the various quests.  Maybe add a mission offered by Drusus Leverian to collect artifacts for the Leverian.  

Add your thoughts as to how DE might further improve Railjack below.  This mode has an incredible amount of potential and it would be a shame to have it all go to waste.

Archived