Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index translocators are more annoying in solo than they're probably meant to be

The translocators from the Claims Investigation crew are much more of a problem in solo index then they're probably intended to be, since it seems they're designed for multiplayer. I'm not sure of a solution, but I suppose I'd start with making the teleportation less aggressive with fewer players (perhaps just solo) to account for the reduced map coverage. Another option might be to buff allied specters and/or increase their focus on large numbers of points near the deposit (whether held by enemy or on the ground).

Without a teleporter:

• I can kill enemies on their side with only a few points leaking out to Anyo Corp.
  • If I die, I can respawn and intercept the brokers they score, so I get my points back.
  • I can get ~15 points and bank at the nearby deposit spot, and run back to their side pretty quickly.
  • I can play a few rounds in a row and only need to worry about my own skills and not a cheap enemy gimmick.

With a teleporter:

• I need to camp my own side because otherwise enemies just teleport behind me where the ally AI feeds points to Anyo.
  • If I die (which is at least somewhat rare since I use Rhino) the points I collected sit near the enemy's deposit point, and the ally AI does nothing to protect it or focus enemies who pick up my points. I don't hoard points, but if they kill me when I'm near 15, it's still a big chunk out of the timer.
  • If I don't camp on my side, I often need to deposit only a few at a time so I can buy a little more time and go back and check for enemies with a bucket-load of index points who could unexpectedly end the game.
  • I constantly have to worry if Anyo Corp will end up with enough points somewhere to reduce the timer to 0. I extract at the end of the round because I often enough can't manage a full round against a teleporter. The first found is usually manageable since the enemies are very low levels, but I'm out as soon as possible.

TL;DR: Teleporters suck the fun out of solo index. Please nerf them or buff ally specters.

In the meantime, anyone have any good advice for recovering some of the fun in spite of teleporters? I thought of using Limbo, but he's too fragile for my taste when he's not in the rift; the playstyle with him would probably be kind of boring if he has to sit in one spot and let the enemies walk into the cataclysm.

Archived