Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Platinum Gifting

NikolaiLev

Obviously there have been multiple threads revolving around the idea of gifting platinum.  Many of them have been shot down by posters with problems like abusing login rewards to farm discounts.  However, I believe platinum gifting can be done in such a way as to address potential problems, and this thread (while potentially redundant) is meant to be a discussion about just how to do so.  I'd also hope that drumming up enough support for the idea will increase the likelihood of implementation.

Gifting would be done through the website, as platinum purchases are done.  A simple way to deal with farming discounts with alt accounts would simply be to disallow discounts from applying to gift purchases, though I'm not even sure this is that big an issue since I've never seen a developer post about it.

Gifting could be done in the form of a promo code, or it could just be sent directly to the recipient's account.  It'd be like gifting a game on steam, except you're giving platinum instead.

no...

IF allowed platinum gifting will results in massive abusing of mechanizes.

- Make new account = free 50 plat

- gift all those plat to main account = main account +50 free plat in like 20 seconds?

- repeat

- ??

- profit.

Here is a solution to it then. In order to send the platinum, the user MUST have atleast bought platinium atleast once, otherwise it wont work.

no...

- gift all those plat to main account = main account +50 free plat in like 20 seconds?

- repeat

- ??

- profit.

The suggestion is not to be able to transfer platinum.  It's to gift platinum, through purchases.

Say you want to gift someone $10 worth of plat.  You go to the store, and the store asks you, "Is this purchase a gift?"  You can click yes, and then select someone from your contacts, or just a username, and they get the plat instead of you.

There's really no way to abuse that.

no...

- repeat

- ??

- profit.

Why not make it in game and based on your in game account level like both account have to be level 8 or something, that tons/ months of leveling for just 50 plat, I don't think anyone would go thou the pain just for 50 platinum.

or 

DE could release game cards to store with a code on it to exchange for platinum like other games do. 

There is tons of ways to do this just depends if they want to.

Why not make it in game and based on your in game account level like both account have to be level 8 or something, that tons/ months of leveling for just 50 plat, I don't think anyone would go thou the pain just for 50 platinum.

or 

DE could release game cards to store with a code on it to exchange for platinum like other games do. 

There is tons of ways to do this just depends if they want to.

Like a dream i dont wanna wake up from!!!

Yes gifting platinum, as in, the platinum will never be on your account. You could enter the username or email address of a member on the "buy platinum" page.

I also like the idea of gift cards that you could buy in big supermarkets. This would be the most convenient way for me. Even Facebook Credits? There are Facebook gift cards about, and if we could use those for Platinum, I would buy much more

As this thread is mostly "I want to _buy_ platinum for another player" I'll make a note about transferring platinum to other players: require that the player transferring platinum to another player has _used_ at least as much as they're transferring to other players (total), so you'll pretty much block people from using alt accounts to farm plats because they need to "waste" half of them on that alt account.

So, if I wanted to give 2 players 300 plat each by transferring instead of directly gift purchasing it, I'd need to have bought things worth 600 plat (300 per player=600) already for myself (6+ color palettes for example without bundles). This is not optimal for the player, but this also favors direct gift purchases rather than transfers. Anyway, that should prevent pretty much all abuse of it.

Edited by Mayflower

The discount could be taken from the recipient's account so people can still benefit from discounts even if they personally don't have the money to spend but can get their friend to pitch in for it?

I'm all for this, though it's up to DE whether or not they want to allow that. 

• 2 months later...

So much effective and sadly pretty obvious solutions to this problem. DE, please do make gifting possible. It'd really make the game a more social experience if implemented. I mean, what better way to create bonds with other players than to buy your way into their favor, right? Lol

So much effective and sadly pretty obvious solutions to this problem. DE, please do make gifting possible. It'd really make the game a more social experience if implemented. I mean, what better way to create bonds with other players than to buy your way into their favor, right? Lol

Heheheh.

Glad someone saw fit to bump this, I sorta forgot about the thread.  It still should be implemented.  Gifting platinum is sort of possible right now, but requiring credits to do it is just obnoxious.