Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe concept: Yggdrasil - World's Spine

Astral_AEther

Hey everyone (first time coming here, but I played WF quite a bit already)

I figured out I'd make a warframe concept around multiples themes and inspirations I got, so...here it is:

(I have no ideas for the frame's and abilities' stats, so imagine them)

Passive: Planar Bonds
Gaining health or energy while at the maximum capacity increases the effect of the boost given to teammates (from its abilities's Bond effect). (teammates = people in the squad, other than you)

Also has a special interface somewhere, showing 4 bars (like water columns, for instance). Those bars are filled based on the Energy/Health spent on or drained by your abilities, and decay over time.

Call From Asgard And Vanaheim
The ability's user and its allies in range gain an Armor and Shield Recharge rate buff, scaling with each enemy around them. Enemies close to affected warframes deal less damage and may randomly panic.
Energy spent casting this ability turns into Battle Frenzy. If Battle Frenzy is the highest bond, teammates have increased Ability Range.

Ability Strength improves the buff's scaling (you need less enemies to hit the buff's hard cap) and the severity of the debuff.
Ability Range boosts all ranges: the range of the initial cast giving the buff, the range of the area around players in which enemies are debuffed, and the range used to calculate the buff's effect (= to calculate the scaling). As a rule of thumb: if an enemy is debuffed by being around a player then it's in range to contribute to scaling of the buff, otherwise it's too far away.
Ability Duration increases the duration of the buff (which also indirectly increases the debuff aura's duration, as that aura is an effect of the buff).
Ability Efficiency reduces the cost of the ability cast.

Note: "may panic" refers to the animation done when the enemy is affected by a Heat proc the first time.

Creation Throught Muspellheim and Jotunheim
Forces enemies to focus their attacks on the user, each enemy affected increases the energy drain. Every second, spent * energy to create a schockwave dealing Heat damage, that scales with the damage recieved since the initial ability cast. Enemies killed by the shockwave have increased/guarenteed Energy Orb drop chance.
Energy drained by this ability turns into Elemental Might. If Elemental Might is the highest bond, grant teammates increased Ability Strength.

Ability Strength improves the shockwave's scaling and initial damage. (and the extra orb drop chance, if it's not guarenteed)
Ability Range boosts the shockwave's range, and the range of the aura forcing enemies to focus on the player.
Ability Duration increases nothing, it's useless.
Ability Efficiency reduces the energy drain of both the shockwave and the "drawing attention" aura.

Note: the shockwave goes through walls and enemies, and the energy drain of the shockwave is * because I have no idea for it.
Note again: this ability has no upfront energy cost to cast it. (but no energy = no effect still, because all effects drain energy)

Balance Between Alfeim And Svartalfheim
Marks an enemy. When it's killed, drop a special Health Orb that slowly drain HP out of the enemies around it, that orb's healing potency increase based on the damage dealt. That orb Will grow and get increased range after dealing enough damage or if another Health Orb (not one created by this ability) is dropped near it.
Health spent casting this ability turns into Alven Duality. If Alven Duality is the highest bond, grant teammates increased Ability Efficiency.

Ability Strength improves the health drain done by the orb.
Ability Range boosts nothing, it's useless (not even the Orb's drain range, no).
Ability Efficiency reduces the health cost of the ability cast.

Note: the mark is permanent (but removed by nullifying bubbles), but cannot be stacked.
Note again: casting this ability costs health instead of energy, you cannot cast this if it would kill you

Claim from Helheim and Nifleim
Creates a living mist that target the enemy with the most health remaining around, that is not already affected by this ability. Affected enemies take True damage equals to X% of their current health each second.
Each affected enemy drains user's health, all mists are automatically dispelled if the health drain would kill the user.
Health drained by this ability turns into Plagueborne Calamity. If Plagueborne Calamity is the highest bond, grant teammates increased Ability Duration.

Ability Strength improves the convertion rate of current health to damage.
Ability Range boosts the range within which the mists search for targets (both player-created and augment-created).
Ability Efficiency reduces the health drain per enemy.

Note: this ability can be cast again to create another mist, or be held to instantly dispel all active mists.
Note again: casting this ability has no upfront cost of energy or health.

Augment ideas (I call abilities by their first word):

Balance: The lower your health, the stronger the Orbs' drain is. (effect is dynamic, which means loosing health empower the orbs dropped, and getting healed diminish the boost)

Claim: Enemies affected for X seconds create a weaker version of the Mist that targets a non-effected enemy around it. The weaker mists have no Health Drain on Yggdrasil, but have halved damage scaling. (exemple: if a normal Mist would deal damage for 10% per tick, the weaker version would damage for 5% per tick)

Inspirations

Passive mechanic: My feeling that the Use-Health-As-Ressource and "Overheal" mechanics are usually left out in videogames (especially the latter)
Name: The fact that I love Norse mythology, and that my usual nickname (YGGM) is autocorrected as "Yggdrasil" (and I always wanted to put "World's Spine" as something's/someone's title)
Ability names: I wanted to reference the 9 worlds supported by Yggdrasil, but since there is only 4 abilities and 2 worlds per name is already wordy enough...I dropped Midgard, Humans' world

(ability themes were mostly found after some Wikipedia searches about the worlds themselves X))

Call: the idea behind this combination and ability is based around the rage of combat: all the warriors fallen in battle were divided into 2 groups, each of them going into a giant hall (one in Asgard and one in Vanaheim) to feast until the next Ragnarok, where they will fight their last battle

Creation: I was a bit lakcing on ideas, it was the last name I did tbh XD
Jotunheim is the icey realm of jotuns (oroughly equals to ice giants), while Muspellheim is a land of flames, populated mainly of demons. The idea here was to bring a sense of "giantness" (with the "attention drawing" aura) while adding a fire-based effect benefitting from the increased aggro

Balance: both worlds are the home of Alves (not sure about the plural), one for the "light" ones and one for the "dark" ones. The idea of balance came from the theory both alves could be opposed in the concepts they represent: fertility for "light" ones, and death for "dark" ones

Claim: Helheim is where the "unworthy" deaths (mostly dying of illness or age) brings, while Nifleim is a cold world ever-covered in mist (and it's related to deceiption and other things iirc)...I think that's the most fitting I could find without going into Loki's or Saryn's territory (to pick a few exemples)

Archived