Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Progression

xDearJohn

Warframe progression is very good, it was thought and developed so that the player doesn't lose interest; and for him to play for at least 30 days. Since you can only climb mastery every 1 day apart.

The game was made for you to go through it ENTIRE, to get to the most important, fun and impactful parts. Not just skipping steps and skipping some other missions.

I like games that were thought of before they were made.
However, as I belong to a clan, and I see many newcomers always having the same problems, I will leave some comments here.

On the main journeys, I think there should be more encouragement to use the codex, not just some unspoken suggestions about “Use the codex for more information”. And also, a greater stimulus and reward, both for players who like to know the game's narrative, as those who like the gameplay and mechanics.

Since Codex contains important information about the Warframe universe, and especially the requirements to dive into a journey.

Since the Journey of the Second Dream, it gives a huge impact to the game, and totally changes the essence, in a positive way, of the game: Warframe.

Still about Codex.

On the part of Warframes, I think necessary information about how and where to acquire them would be perfect. Taking into account, what quests are needed to get that warframe, what level of mastery is needed, and if it is being acquired by a defeated Boss, what planet? For example.

This information would lead players to dedicate themselves more to achieve these goals.
The same would be interesting for mods. Since the features are already clearly visible in the navigation, on each planet. (By the way, thank you very much in advance)

I clearly understand that one of the main identities of the game is exploration, whatever it may be. And this goes into a fine line of progression.

You get most of the journeys for unlocking planets (along with more other rewards), however, for example, when you finish an impactful journey and it has a continuation, the player is not shown that “Your next journey is located there in the planet X – Go there, adventurer!”. But he suggests that he must continue on his way. Okay (and there are other parallel journeys as well)

But well, returning to the topic, “It's said in the codex”, encourage the player more.

About elemental combinations, damage, and mod combinations. A greater incentive for knowing the elemental combinations, weaknesses and resistances of enemies, through mod combinations. Than a small informative part in codex, not so interactive and little demonstrated important.

Warframe has always been less beginner-friendly on this aspect, and while misleading might not be the best word for it, some mod descriptions for example can be just that for new players. Like vitality: 400% health (which is just the base health increase, iirc the health value of a rank 0 warframe, not that of a rank 30 warframe).  I'm no computer expert so I can't say whether that's lazy coding or working exactly as intended, but...

Things like those could and probably should be clarified, somewhere in-game instead of just in community-made pages like warframe wiki, which has some misleading or downright wrong information like the Nekros desecrate mutilation stuff (at least was, the last time I checked and tested it myself). Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely great that we have a community like that, and great that we have so much info about the game there on pages like that. And it's also a solid argument that what we want devs to work on: they do have a priority list, do we want to put this on top of that list, instead of some other content?

Why not.

How about this: for browsing the codex and taking your time with it, you could be rewarded somehow tangibly. Let's say... something unique and suitable for more new players than veterans, but something veterans too could use. Maybe increased chances of dropping endo and mods (same thing in DE's loot tables when it comes to that endo booster). For every minute spent in the codex looking at different things, you would get five or ten, or maybe even 15 minutes worth of endo drop chance booster, which should probably be 25% in strength to avoid people misusing the codex too much. But maybe increase it to 50% if people spent at least 15 or 30 seconds per page and looked at least 5 or 10 different codex pages like that in a given time window, like 10 minutes or so. You would be allowed to exit and re-open the codex while at it, if you for example need to look at your mod collection or warframes or whatever.

Those are just exemplary values which are not words of god but of a player who just came up with them so don't trash down on the idea because of values that can be changed, or because of stuff that can be changed, but because of stuff that cannot be changed in it, like having to open the codex and spend time in there, please.

Archived