Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the purpose of LEX?

Duewarframe

Warframe have been quite good and impressive. Many surprising ideas in the game.

However, I encounter a unknown purpose pistol called LEX.

LEX, one of the most expensive but somehow useless.

It is even weaker than LATO overall. Level 12 LATO (Aim the head but sometime body shot kill) could kill multiple enemy faster than Level 12 LEX (headshots).

I think LEX need more damage+accuraccy or firerate+ammo.

Edited by Duewarframe

Dude, your text is tiny and almost the same color as the background. Might want to avoid that. As far as the Lex, seems to be a concensus that it needs a boost. Fire rate would be a good place to start. Even bumping to just 1.2 or so would help alot while still making it feel like a slow firing handcannon.

Thanks DESteve, I hope there will be changes for LEX soon.

Thanks Sealgaire, but I think not 1.6, it should go 3.2 rate of fire first as the price/level is high.

Yes it is quite horrible and disappointing, I bought it with the game money instead of platinum. All the time I played for the credit is kinda waste and made me alittle lazy to move on.

Selling it is not a good idea since you only restore 5000 credit while it cost 35000. Better wait for the change or improvement on LEX.

Thanks for the replies guys, I hope LEX will be useful before duel LEX is release or agreed.

Edited by Duewarframe

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else finding the Lex actually pretty good...? Like top-tier handgun?

I've been enjoying the LEX, even though it's currently only rank 9. It's just a case of being a bit more patient to aim for the head and BOOM insta kill.

As for those saying that rate of fire needs buffing...wouldn't that give it problems with the recoil? As in, if you tried to "rapid fire" you'd have ridiculous recoil and inaccuracy?

Also, someone said it's inaccurate, which is funny, because I find it to be absolutely pinpoint accurate.

Okay, so now that I've given the Lex a fair chance and leveled it to 30, it's grown on me. You need to be able to get consistant headshots with it, but when you do, you can fall into a nice rhythm where you're dropping mobs at a pretty good pace. I think the zoom could be given a slight boost to make it more useful at longer ranges. I pair it with the HEK on my Rhino and it does well covering for the weaknesses of that weapon.

Okay, so now that I've given the Lex a fair chance and leveled it to 30, it's grown on me. You need to be able to get consistant headshots with it, but when you do, you can fall into a nice rhythm where you're dropping mobs at a pretty good pace. I think the zoom could be given a slight boost to make it more useful at longer ranges. I pair it with the HEK on my Rhino and it does well covering for the weaknesses of that weapon.

This. Though I'm using a BOAR atm as I'm farming mats to make my HEK. But yeah, it covers the weaknesses well, and I often find in solo play I'll clear a few out with headshots from my LEX before charging in when its safe to mop up the rest with my BOAR. Imagine it'd be the same with the HEK.

good, Lex is terrible atm. Even if you increase his firerate by 2 times it is still not viable

I really don't get how it's not viable. It's not really viable for a run and gun style of play (unless you're Korean), but it's perfectly viable as a long range back up to snipe off heads of annoying/clustered enemies from a safe distance before plowing into the rest with your shotgun.

Headshot Grineer, Oneshot Ospreys, Bodyshot Corpus, Headshot Infested... there are a few situations/enemies where it's not truly viable (Ancients, Grineer Heavies) but otherwise the Lex is a solid handgun. Mine is level 18ish with as many +damage mods as I can get for it, so it dishes out something like 170~200 damage on headshots.

It could do with some minor buffs, yes, but nothing too serious.

I really don't get how it's not viable. It's not really viable for a run and gun style of play (unless you're Korean), but it's perfectly viable as a long range back up to snipe off heads of annoying/clustered enemies from a safe distance before plowing into the rest with your shotgun.

Maybe on lv15 missions, yeah it is okay there but try doing pluto with it.

LEVEL 30 LEX SUPERCHARGED + FIRE RATE + ARMOR PIERCIENG USER : <<<PURE BEAST PERIOD

You have read nothing if you cannot aim and control recoil. ;)

Gimme Firerate buff ... and u all will have to call me Yahvéh lol

Edited by Eversor