Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Outdoor worlds (PoE, Orb Vallis, Cambion Drift) in Steel Path mode - quick review

Zi-Sui

Cambion Drift, Deimos - just horrible.
Plains of Eidolon, Earth - not so great.
Orb Vallis, Venus - pretty good.

Why?

Cambion Drift, Deimos
Acolyte spawns, I didn't even bother getting there. It didn't spawn after 6 minutes of starting the Steel Path mission through Necralisk Mother, not even any indication of spawning. And that's almost the worst part, but not quite. Worst part is the bounties, of which I tried only one, and hit the wall there. In other SP content I shred through enemies and even bosses fast enough, but this armored status-immune miniboss during bounty, just no... not even a tiny pixel dent in the health bar, not with my Kuva Hind, ofc not with Nukor, and not with Gram Prime. They were built for status slash toxin so it's no wonder, but still. Does it have to be either complete slash/toxin immunity or full damage taken from those two status effects? Why no middle ground? That's my beef with the place.
Update: With Banshee and Stropha I managed to kill the miniboss painlessly enough, so no complaints about the bounties, they're doable. But I suppose it'd be nice if you hadn't had to be locked to certain frames and weapons in order to do them. But there's still the problem of acolyte spawns. There's not even an indication of acolyte spawning when you enter Cambion Drift through a Steel Path bounty from Mother. And there's no Steel Path bounty with Mother when she's outdoors closest to the Necralisk door, unlike how the two other outdoor worlds have it.

Plains of Eidolon, Earth
Enemies die quick enough to the melee. I complete a bounty, but not a single acolyte appeared. There was the cinematic speech and screen blurring and acolyte's healthbar as a bosses' health bar on top of screen, but no actual acolyte to fight with. That sucks. But the bounties themselves were in line enough to complete them, which is good. Overall, I won't return there though in SP mode until something is done about the acolyte spawns, it's just not worth it and it's not funTM enough compared to Orb Vallis.

Orb Vallis, Venus
Acolytes spawn in around 5 minute intervals, sometimes sooner, rarely just a bit later. And they don't screw the bounties while you're doing them. Absolutely great. Bounties themselves too are great, well-done even though it's obviously just upgraded mobs + acolyte spawns from the last tier bounty. No complaints here.

My thoughts on why acolytes might not had spawned:
A few days or more before the patch, I went in both Cambion Drift and the Plains of Eidolon in SP mode as Ivara, stealthed, and stayed there like that for maybe 20 minutes on both occasions. Acolytes never seemed to spawn, even though there were indicators of them spawning at the 15-20minute mark, not earlier. I'm guessing this may be why I've not had acolytes in Cambion Drift nor Plains of Eidolon. As this seems like a bug, I'll report it to the bugfix section too.

So my question to you: have you had acolytes spawn in Cambion Drift and in Plains of Eidolon, when doing the bounties there on Steel Path mode? And, have you actually managed to complete a SP level bounty or two on Cambion Drift?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived