Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno In Alad's Zanuka Project

Siubijeni

Two things I'd like to note/discuss in this thread: one, Alad's Zanuka project and its relation to the warframes he captures, and then the rather interesting cinematic that includes the dissection of the warframe.

1) There's been a lot of speculation about what the Zanuka project is, and why Alad needs the Tenno. I think the video made it clear that it isn't actually the Tenno Alad needs, and not even most of the warframe! He auctioned off most of it and didn't really seem to care about it except as another source of the all-hallowed profits. But he does say to his customers: "Now, keep in mind, the core components will be diverted to the Zanuka program."

So he doesn't need most of the warframe. He needs only a few select 'core components.' What exactly are these components, though? If we could figure that out we could likely figure out the nature of the Zanuka products he so eagerly awaits. Are they the neural interfaces between a Tenno and their systems? Are they the mechanisms that grant the Tenno their strange powers? One could point to an advanced robotics or exoskeletal system the Corpus are creating... the other could point to Corpus mock-Tenno assassins. Either way, my own theory is that we got us a Corpus heavy unit incoming, possibly both.

2) There's been a lot of speculation on the nature of what he did to Excal and Mag. On inspection, Excal does seem to be hollow in that shot, the Tenno inside having been disintegrated... OR charred and blackened, which would fit with cauterized wounds to some degree. Its hard to tell which, and as a work in progress it could become more obvious that there is a dismembered Tenno inside the suit.
There is the sudden stilling of Mag to consider as well--an effect the Excal seemed to be under, too. Did the field Alad exposed her to lock the warframe up, paralyzing her? It could be an Orokin device they discovered, or a more simple focused EMP-related device they created. This paralysis, if there was in fact a scorched body in the dismembered Excal, would seem likely.

On the other hand, the Excal really could have been empty--its hard to tell. IF that were the case, I think it likely the Tenno inside was disintegrated by the earlier mentioned field. Some have pointed to this as an indication that the suits are hollow and no one is within, but bear in mind that the Lotus detects life-forms "other than you" and the Corpus lore has mentioned the Tenno being hard to extract from their shells. IF the suit is at that stage hollow, it seems fairly obvious that the Tenno was eliminated and removed by such indirect methods, and that the corpus feel it acceptable to lockdown the armor in exchange for eliminating the warrior within it.

Thoughts?

For those thinking the Warframe was hollow, imagine this.

1. It is cheaper to simply kill the Tenno and remove the parts then remove him as a whole. Profit > Mercy

2. The game itself isn't rated M, meaning no overly excessive display of gore *although by America's standard it is*, so that's why the blood isn't pouring.

3. The wounds were cauterized while being cut.

Sorry to say, we lost an Excalibro today.

Two things I'd like to note/discuss in this thread: one, Alad's Zanuka project and its relation to the warframes he captures, and then the rather interesting cinematic that includes the dissection of the warframe.

1) There's been a lot of speculation about what the Zanuka project is, and why Alad needs the Tenno. I think the video made it clear that it isn't actually the Tenno Alad needs, and not even most of the warframe! He auctioned off most of it and didn't really seem to care about it except as another source of the all-hallowed profits. But he does say to his customers: "Now, keep in mind, the core components will be diverted to the Zanuka program."

So he doesn't need most of the warframe. He needs only a few select 'core components.' What exactly are these components, though? If we could figure that out we could likely figure out the nature of the Zanuka products he so eagerly awaits. Are they the neural interfaces between a Tenno and their systems? Are they the mechanisms that grant the Tenno their strange powers? One could point to an advanced robotics or exoskeletal system the Corpus are creating... the other could point to Corpus mock-Tenno assassins. Either way, my own theory is that we got us a Corpus heavy unit incoming, possibly both.

2) There's been a lot of speculation on the nature of what he did to Excal and Mag. On inspection, Excal does seem to be hollow in that shot, the Tenno inside having been disintegrated... OR charred and blackened, which would fit with cauterized wounds to some degree. Its hard to tell which, and as a work in progress it could become more obvious that there is a dismembered Tenno inside the suit.

There is the sudden stilling of Mag to consider as well--an effect the Excal seemed to be under, too. Did the field Alad exposed her to lock the warframe up, paralyzing her? It could be an Orokin device they discovered, or a more simple focused EMP-related device they created. This paralysis, if there was in fact a scorched body in the dismembered Excal, would seem likely.

On the other hand, the Excal really could have been empty--its hard to tell. IF that were the case, I think it likely the Tenno inside was disintegrated by the earlier mentioned field. Some have pointed to this as an indication that the suits are hollow and no one is within, but bear in mind that the Lotus detects life-forms "other than you" and the Corpus lore has mentioned the Tenno being hard to extract from their shells. IF the suit is at that stage hollow, it seems fairly obvious that the Tenno was eliminated and removed by such indirect methods, and that the corpus feel it acceptable to lockdown the armor in exchange for eliminating the warrior within it.

Thoughts?

seeing as Alad mentions that he's gonna send mag to the void my guess is that the field might have sent the tenno in the void while letting the frame there, other wise the void reference doesnt seem to make much sense

Edited by MurasameFsey

seeing as Alad mentions that he's gonan send mag to the void my guess is that the field might have sent the tenno in the void while letting the frame there, other wise the void reference doesnt seem to make much sense

Void of life

Void of presence

Into the Void (Limbo)

seeing as Alad mentions that he's gonan send mag to the void my guess is that the field might have sent the tenno in the void while letting the frame there, other wise the void reference doesnt seem to make much sense

Sure it does. What does it mean when some bad*** character says that they'll "see [someone] in hell" or "send [them] to hell?" The character doesn't always believe in hell, and even when they do its usually not meant literally--its just a euphemism for killing them.

I'm not suggesting the void is at all equivalent to hell, just that all sorts of idioms and expressions could be present in different settings and cultures. If he was about to disintegrate her (OR paralyze her in preparation to dissect her) it's a perfectly appropriate phrase.

Sure it does. What does it mean when some bad*** character says that they'll "see [someone] in hell" or "send [them] to hell?" The character doesn't always believe in hell, and even when they do its usually not meant literally--its just a euphemism for killing them.

I'm not suggesting the void is at all equivalent to hell, just that all sorts of idioms and expressions could be present in different settings and cultures. If he was about to disintegrate her (OR paralyze her in preparation to dissect her) it's a perfectly appropriate phrase.

Also, afterlife is usually called "The Void". Assuming Alad thought of the VOid like this, he could've meant it that way. Or maybe he actually sent the tenno to the Void by the Laser field/teleporter/paralyzer since Mag doens't move afterwards.

VegetableBasket came up with a idea that when he says the creed the net that goes around the frame might vaporize the user in side leaving the frame blank.

That sounds most likely. Maybe it vaporizes organic material, but leaves inorganic material intact.

Edited by Dracorya

That sounds most likely. Maybe it vaporizes organic material, but leaves inorganic material intact.

Exactly. Which would still prove the possibility of people inside the suits. So much to ponder on now.

but the warframes are believed to be a derivation of the infestation so that means that there are some organic components making the warframes

Not if you refine certain parts enough.

I suspect the Tenno are the core component of the Warframe being retained for the project's usage.

This. It make's sence as the tenno (having the ability to use the frames) Are a "Key" Importance in studying the orokin, void and how the tenno interact with the suit's powers.

He also used a plural "s" for components, meaning it's likely this includes the interface and systems that interact with the tenno themselfs. Possibly gaining the ability to adjust it to a corpus and thus allowing it to be used by others.