Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dungeon Idea

Hyasynth

So, I've been bouncing around an idea for quite some time. Perhaps some players in the community are growing weary of the usual humdrum of going to the same systems/missions/planets/etc over and over again. Not saying that the game should change this, far from it, but there is a breaking point. So my idea is simple (on text), implimenting a "dungeon" system implimented within the asteroid belt, or a region similar to that, that would be host to an "endless" gauntlet of sorts. Think of the Cave of Ordeals from Twilight Princess.

For someone who has never played that game, do you mind explaining?

i believe he's talking about basically an endless, or REALLY bloody long dungeon crawl. like running a gauntlet asteroid to asteroid in the Belt with no return-to-menu breaks in between, and the only lockers with ammo spaced out at large distances with the option to end it there and restart at each one. the grand prize being if you make it ALL the way to the end, usually culminating in a boss fight.

like... first few "asteroids" would be super easy. like just lancers and grineer melee units basically. getting stedily harder when in like, asteroid 80 EVERY unit is an ancient, or a heavy, or something. culminating in eaither a final boss, or some kinda boss-rush for asteroid 100 (the hypothetical "last" one. those who survive get some great reward, and total playtime for the crawl would likely be like.. 4 hours or something. no drop-ins, no going back to lobby with an ammo/HP resupply, no level-up breaks, or loadout changing. you build a team, go in, and survive. a true test of your mettle.

i think that's what he's suggesting. i rather like the idea myself. though i have 3 friends that also play, and we have our team well-rounded. i suspect by the time something like this comes out, we'll have our preferred loadouts ar all max rank and will DEFINATLY give it a run.