Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bronco Prime Vs Brakk. How Much Did I Miss Out On?

TheTwan

Question

i really didnt feel like grinding out the 100 missions so i did not participate in the event much (i also took the term "handcannon" the wrong way thinking the brakk would be like the lex). i know the stats but after being modded how much better is the brakk than the bronco prime? is it so significant that the bronco prime is laughably worse?

13 answers to this question

i really didnt feel like grinding out the 100 missions so i did not participate in the event much (i also took the term "handcannon" the wrong way thinking the brakk would be like the lex). i know the stats but after being modded how much better is the brakk than the bronco prime? is it so significant that the bronco prime is laughably worse?

Laughably worse:

Brakk

• 150 base damage (15 damage per pellet, 10 pellets per shot)
  • 5 round magazine size
  • 1 second reload
  • 15% critical chance at 200% critical damage
  • 7.1 accuracy (tighter spread)
  • V and - polarity slots without Forma
  • Unobtainable without having participated in 100 missions in the Gradivus Dilemma

Bronco Prime

• 140 base damage (20 damage per pellet, 7 pellets per shot)
  • 4 round magazine size
  • 2 second reload
  • 2.5% critical chance at 150% critical damage
  • 3.7 accuracy (larger spread)
  • No polarity slots without Forma
  • Farmable through Orokin Void capture missions

It's difficult to find flaws in the Brakk compared to the Bronco Prime. Both have no damage falloff, but the Brakk even applies that concept in a bit more of a conducive manner due to its slightly lower spread. It also doesn't take 10 Orokin Cells to craft (though if you don't have the blueprint in the first place, you are out of luck as of this writing). The only real downside to the Brakk appears to be its exclusivity and perhaps its spread, if you find it an issue (some users report the Bronco Prime's spread is more effective at clearing rooms).

Still, I'm really hoping that DE implements Dual Broncos Prime...

Edited by ChaoticVice777

my clan leader got his Brakk to do over 1092 damage which is more than his strun wraith by a little bit

The Brakk is amazing. There's no way I'd use a bronco prime over it.

I'm posting because I wanted to ask if anyone has tried a Brakk crit build. Looks like IamSalva has. How do you like it? Is it really better than the usual elemental array? I tried it and wasn't too impressed with the difference. I'm tempted to add hollow point to see if that would help, but I can't see it making a difference.

I like it... kills everything no matter if Crit or Elemental... srsly, i took that thing in a 45min+ Survival Mission, it still killed Ancients when they where Levle 160+ in under one Mag... but idk. i think Elemental will do just the same...

Alright thanks. If I ever max out hollow point I'll probably give crit another try.