Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution For Bows Being A Bit Slow In Combat

doommoose22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1KC1Os-_NE look at his technique and look at how he is able to fire his bow quickly and accurately just by holding the arrows in hand as needed. now look at the tenno who are pretty much born to kill, as well as the bow being their oldest weapon. why have they not figured out how to fast fire?

Edited by doommoose22

Yeah, you can get fairly in the area of that rate of fire with the right mods. However it's probably never going to be that quick unless there is a bow that comes out that does less damage, considering that the slower speed is supposed to balance out the increased damage.

Yeah, you can get fairly in the area of that rate of fire with the right mods. However it's probably never going to be that quick unless there is a bow that comes out that does less damage, considering that the slower speed is supposed to balance out the increased damage.

true :/ just hate having the thing i fired an arrow at die from a hitscan before i even made contact

true :/ just hate having the thing i fired an arrow at die from a hitscan before i even made contact

It's a trade-off, you just need to practice more and be quick and accurate, possibly taking point as well. I can relate as for high level missions I will use a bow, but it's definitely less thought required to use a hitscan weapon.

not even close facehugger, using maxed shred fast hands and speed trigger on a paris prime, the bow still does not fire nearly as fast as he is able to.

Perhaps that's becasue fire rate mods affect only charge speed on bows.

If you want to shoot uncharged shots faster then use reload speed mod.

Currently, I find a couple glaring issues with bows in this game:

1.  Modern day high-end compound bows have the ability to shoot faster arrows with less curve than those currently in the game, and with this game being so far in the future, you'd think they'd be better.

2.  The fire rate is definitely an issue.  You pull back your arrows with what seems like so much strength only for a lackluster and rather slow shot.  The speed definitely need to be set at a higher rate so you wouldn't need to pour on fire rate mods for this to be an effective weapon, as fire rate mods will take much away from damage output.  Your idea for the Tenno to hold the arrows in hand is a good idea.  They could hold 5 for a "magazine" and when they are gone, grab 5 more.  It would work.

So do I agree that fire rate should be better?  Yes, but more than that I feel bows should be reworked in these areas I've mentioned.

so do the fully auto weapons that can hit 500+ per shot

I'm not disagreeing that bows should be able to shoot faster.

Just saying, multishot can replicate multiple arrows (duh).

I like the idea though - perhaps press reload to stock an additional arrow for quickfire, and semi-auto- away!

I'm not disagreeing that bows should be able to shoot faster.

Just saying, multishot can replicate multiple arrows (duh).

I like the idea though - perhaps press reload to stock an additional arrow for quickfire, and semi-auto- away!

as long as we can still charge attack kinda like how the miter works maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1KC1Os-_NE look at his technique and look at how he is able to fire his bow quickly and accurately just by holding the arrows in hand as needed. now look at the tenno who are pretty much born to kill, as well as the bow being their oldest weapon. why have they not figured out how to fast fire?

Like! As a guy who always picks heroes with bows on every game! This has perplexed me. I knew those Legends were once Fact.

What I want are normal shots to deal greater DPS than charged shots. There's literally no reason to use normal shots right now other than to stagger enemies, proc Thunderbolt on weaker enemies, or open crates.

They need to increase the fire rate and redraw speed of normal shots. Preferably to somewhere around the speed shown in the first bit of this video:

(Kai trailer from Vindictus)

Basically giving normal shots roughly double the DPS of charged shots, at the cost of ammo efficiency and accuracy or range (i.e. huge falloff after 15 meters or so).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...