Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

V Sync

MCT360

I had V-Sync on since i have been playing but i have expierenced choppines ingame mostly in the menu's or when hacking a console, but if i turn V-Sync off all that is gone and the game runs smooth @60+ overall.

But i heard that if i turned off V-Sync i might damage my Laptop components, So i there a risk because i can hear my laptop running louder than before but the game does run better?

Virtual Sync doesn't spoil anything if its off. All it is doing is locking the frames at a certain refresh rate of your monitor so there won't be any delay. 

Turning it on will lower performance meaning. turning it on will destroy your computer GPU faster. Turning it off will take away the amount of things it need to take into account and process. 

Virtual Sync: What does it do. Crouching in Warframe. Lets say, with Virtual Sync it immediately crouches, however when it is off it will take 1 millisecond lesser or so. It doesn't really affect anything. 

Edited by AliciaTA

louder means higher fan speeds, which indicates ur hardware is running at higher temps.

word of advice, speaking from experience, don't game on laptops. (heat is the biggest killer between laptops and gaming)

i blew up an alienware area 51-m playing FEAR -.-

if u have no other choice tho (i.e. no desktop, etc) then i would suggest getting one of those small platforms / stands with USB fans..

i would also suggest removing one, multiple, or all of the laptops undercarriage. i.e. the parts of the case that ARE removable.

also, when using these USB devices, make sure the fans are going the same direction as the ones in the pc.. it's counter-effective if u have them blowing up, while the ones in the laptop are blowing down - this creates a high pressure zone and heat cannot escape the laptop's hardware.

and visa versa, don't have them blowing down while the laptop's hardware is taking in air - low pressure zone that doesn't allow ENOUGH air to get through ur system.

i know this isn't exactly on topic, but i hate when people say they're gaming on laptops.. their heat buildup vs dispersion ratio isn't very high. i feel responsible when i read someone went through what i did and blows up their laptop when i could have warned them.. it's kind of like a guilty conscience.

Virtual Sync doesn't spoil anything if its off. All it is doing is locking the frames at a certain refresh rate of your monitor so there won't be any delay. 

Turning it on will lower performance meaning. turning it on will destroy your computer GPU faster. Turning it off will take away the amount of things it need to take into account and process. 

Virtual Sync: What does it do. Crouching in Warframe. Lets say, with Virtual Sync it immediately crouches, however when it is off it will take 1 millisecond lesser or so. It doesn't really affect anything. 

Very confusing, i think you got On and Off confused with each other.

Also the crouching part, What?

louder means higher fan speeds, which indicates ur hardware is running at higher temps.

word of advice, speaking from experience, don't game on laptops. (heat is the biggest killer between laptops and gaming)

i blew up an alienware area 51-m playing FEAR -.-

if u have no other choice tho (i.e. no desktop, etc) then i would suggest getting one of those small platforms / stands with USB fans..

i would also suggest removing one, multiple, or all of the laptops undercarriage. i.e. the parts of the case that ARE removable.

also, when using these USB devices, make sure the fans are going the same direction as the ones in the pc.. it's counter-effective if u have them blowing up, while the ones in the laptop are blowing down - this creates a high pressure zone and heat cannot escape the laptop's hardware.

and visa versa, don't have them blowing down while the laptop's hardware is taking in air - low pressure zone that doesn't allow ENOUGH air to get through ur system.

i know this isn't exactly on topic, but i hate when people say they're gaming on laptops.. their heat buildup vs dispersion ratio isn't very high. i feel responsible when i read someone went through what i did and blows up their laptop when i could have warned them.. it's kind of like a guilty conscience.

Thanks, I'm currently looking for a cooler, My laptop doesn't get hot alot it's just 1/4 of the laptop but the Fan is on the side so it does have very good airflow and i don't touch the laptop i just hook it up to my TV and it just sits there and makes magic happen.

I'm just gonna drop this here...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593

That piece is a bit outdated but still understandable, now i don't have to worry about screen tearing because i game on a 200Hz monitor the only thing I'm worried about is that turning V-Sync off could damage my laptop.

That being said, Shouldn't the Menu be running perfectly if I'm playing @58-60Fps

With V-Sync On i can play (run around, kill stuff) perfectly fine but the Menu is annoyingly choppy @60Fps i don't understand this logic, as far asi know there are more people with this problem.