The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifles seem unable to match the Snipertron

Tristrex

In the time that I've been at this, one singular thing seems to be the overall case. And that is that the Snipertron brings perhaps too much power to the table, or alternatively other rifles seem to fall short. I've used all the other rifles to this point and there's only a very select few times where the Snipertron has fallen short, and in those cases I've been fully able to rely on my pistol and melee weapon.

While I feel that the Snipertron is a fantastic weapon, the downsides to it are very minimal and it packs a hell of a punch. The Burston and Latron rifles were both great, but they failed to be nearly as effective in terms of damage, recoil, reload and most importantly efficiency.

I feel like I'm coming to rely too heavily on the Snipertron, and just curious as to whether the other rifles are being tweaked, or if people feel that they are effective. I've given each rifle a 15 level chance to prove their worth and I'm still always coming full circle to the Sniper.

If you deem the Burston a decent rifle, then, yes, the Snipetron must seem godly powerful. But if you have seen how much havoc a rank 30 pro'ed Strun wreaks, or how a rank 30 pro'ed Gorgon brings the end in seconds, with a clipsize in the neighbourhood of 350, then you will secondguess the Snipetron. I stopped playing with it around level 19 - too slow, not enough power to deal with many fast targets, runs out of ammo too fast, doesn't allow for a very fast-paced playing style.

I just bought one to test it out and i'm not impressed. It might be better than my Lex at sniping but it also takes up a primary weapon slot... and i can take a Latron with me instead which has more magazine capacity, bigger ammunition pool and also kills with a headshot.. while still beeing able to spam a lot of shots when you get swarmed by a lot of enemies, something the Snipertron can not do.

It's kind of weird, cause i'm arguing the same way against the snipertron, that other ppl argued against my preference of the Lex in the thread about that specific pistol. I guess weapon effectivness also has something to do with personal preferences, playstyle and aesthetics.