The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Deimos Fishing Problems (SOLVED)

DancingPheonix

Hours of fishing on Deimos, not a single Duroid. Used Vome bait, luminous dye, proper cave hotspots, brought correct spears. Must have opened 20-something chrome tabs trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Near as I can tell, they're just not spawning.

I've restarted Cambion drift area dozens of times, gone back to Ordis and tried again, logged out and back in. These Duroid fish just do not exist for me ;~;

Apologies if I'm missing something, fairly new to the open worlds of Warframe, but I've cross checked my process with other videos and guides. The buggers just won't spawn for me. I don't mind grinding but this is absurd.

Wow, thanks mate! I tried that spot and within minutes had 5 of them. For science, I went back to the cave I was trying yesterday, followed the same process and actually caught a bunch as well. Not sure how it could be a different result from yesterday; there was no patch between yesterday and today. I have no programming experience though so it could just be something way over my head, but these fishing mechanics seem very buggy overall. Lots of complaints about this feature on boards.

As I mentioned, I'm very new to the open worlds of Warframe so I didn't know what to expect in terms of how fish spawn in. But after fishing today and with a little retrospect, there weren't ANY fish spawning yesterday, bait or not. There were fish in the rivers when I first arrived, but none of them spawned in no matter how long I waited/baited.

Success at your cave recommendation:
unknown.png?width=1247&height=702

Cave I used yesterday:unknown.png?width=1247&height=702

Like I said, not sure what made the difference overnight, but it appears to be working now?? I did have fish swimming through walls and then coming back to the river but no longer had names/healthbars. I could no longer spear those ones. I'm guessing they didn't have hitboxes anymore, or the hitbox got dropped off the unit and somewhere in the wall? Who knows?

No hitbox fishy:unknown.png?width=1247&height=702

But thanks again my dude!

There are few places where fishes in deimos able to swim across/into wall where spear unable to reach (spear stop when it contact surface), for this case (hope they fix it) all I can advice is that if you aimed at fish it doesn't have it's name appear, most likely you won't be able to hit it, cause its certainly behind something.

29 minutes ago, DancingPheonix said:

No hitbox fishy:unknown.png?width=1247&height=702

While for fishes not spawning issue, this is the action what I always do:

Try off and on your fish spear when fish doesn't spawn, then use it to hit on anywhere of the water spot, then wait for awhile fishes will show, this works for me every time.

Rationale: same concept as press F5 to refresh browser; but to refresh and let the system know you're in fishing mod, so system can trigger/spawn fishes

As I mentioned, I'm very new to the open worlds of Warframe so I didn't know what to expect in terms of how fish spawn in. But after fishing today and with a little retrospect, there weren't ANY fish spawning yesterday, bait or not. There were fish in the rivers when I first arrived, but none of them spawned in no matter how long I waited/baited.

Not gonna lie, this game is quite buggy in various aspects, but I learn my way through and live with these bugs 🤡

Wow, thanks mate! I tried that spot and within minutes had 5 of them. For science, I went back to the cave I was trying yesterday, followed the same process and actually caught a bunch as well. Not sure how it could be a different result from yesterday; there was no patch between yesterday and today. I have no programming experience though so it could just be something way over my head, but these fishing mechanics seem very buggy overall. Lots of complaints about this feature on boards.

Glad it helps.

But thanks again my dude!

Archived