Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rebalance Granum Void rewards

Darthplagueis13

10 hours ago, Spark_Daddy said:

DE: Changes Amps, RJ, and NM requirements to be less grindy. 

Slowly, DE is realizing that people who have real lives can't just farm 24/7 for several weeks on end. 

No, Warframe is about having fun and is a power fantasy Co-Op/PvE focused game.  Yes, RNG still needs to be a thing, but certain items are such a royal pain to get that people with money end up just buying them on the market, and people who can't afford to blow money on Plat (Or the fact some items CANT be bought on the market like Atmo Systems), get stonewalled and either drop the game or, hopefully, end up doing other things in the game that isn't killing their sanity.

Atmo Systems for example are a horrible grind. I quite Warframe for two years over that S#&$, and it's STILL a problem. Thank god the Necramech stuff as least is a guaranteed drop.  But lowering the costs of Amps isn't that much of a help when you need standing to get to the Fortuna amps that are worth using, which is blocked by the Atmo Systems grind. And you can' only buy them at the rank of "Hand" with Vox, which, guess what, requires atmo systems for the rank up. 

It's not fun, it's pure frustration.

I think the developers tried to use grind as a way to slow down the out of control power creep and also to try to artificially increase the longevity of the game due to content taking too long to produce for how much mileage people were getting out of it. I take this (along with the comparatively massive amount of standing you can earn on Deimos compared to the other places) and are slowly realizing that no actually it was just annoying their players and making them enjoy the game less.

3 hours ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

I think the developers tried to use grind as a way to slow down the out of control power creep and also to try to artificially increase the longevity of the game due to content taking too long to produce for how much mileage people were getting out of it. I take this (along with the comparatively massive amount of standing you can earn on Deimos compared to the other places) and are slowly realizing that no actually it was just annoying their players and making them enjoy the game less.

I'm also noticing that DE seems more detatched from the playerbase. I wasn't a founder, but I did watch this game grow when it first popped up, even played some before real life took me by the soul. On top of that, I've seen a lot of video's comparing new DE with old DE, and that they've basically changed for the worst in various ways. 

I will admit though this new update geared towards being better for new players is nice, aside form the fact they forgot about Atmo Systems being the worst damn grind in the game to rank up with Vox Solaris in order to even rank up to buy them. All they gotta do... Is make it so we can buy the three systems at the very first rank. At least then it would be more managable for new people trying to grind that madness.

Archived