Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Warframe concept - Graha, the Planet Warframe

mohitoNonalco

IVg0IBcPpUg.jpg?size=631x571&quality=96&

~ With the might of celestial bodies condensed into his seemingly brittle body, Graha wields the powers of mass and gravity. He crushes his enemies with tiny planets as his titanic might distorts space itself. If he chooses to fortify a strategic point, he will become a truly immovable object. ~

Stats at R30:

Health - 300

Shield - 250

Armor - 150

Energy - 200

Speed - 0.95

Passive: Gravity - 12 meter vacuum. Doesn't stack with companions, whatever has the biggest vacuum radius overrides the other thing.

1: Satellites
Graha spawns satellites to orbit around his head. Each satellite increases his damage reduction and ability strength. When they're consumed by other abilities, they explode, dealing Blast damage to enemies surrounding them. Additionally, very 20 seconds one satellite explodes and disappears. Graha can cast Satelites until they reach their maximum amount.

Energy - 15
Satellites per cast - 2 (affected by Strength, rounded down)
DR per satellite - 7% (affected by Strength)
Strength per satellite - 4% (Not affected by anything)
Max satellites - 8 (affected by Duration)
Damage Resistance cap - 75%

Explosion damage - 500
Explosion range - 5m
Status chance - 50%

Augment mod: Meteoric Rise - Each Satellite gives Graha an additional bonus of 5% parkour speed.

2: Rogue Planet
One of Graha's Satellites hurls itself towards the nearest enemy, dealing Impact damage and exploding. His other Satellites gain a short burst of spinning speed, knocking back enemies around him and dealing the same amount of Impact damage without exploding, if Graha has more than 1. If cast while Space Distortion is active, its area will shortly expand and all enemies inside will be knocked out, without hurling satellites at enemies. Hurled satellites disappear after exploding.

Energy - 25
Knockback radius - 5 m
Homing Satellite radius - 20 m
Damage - 300 
Status chance - 50%

Augment mod: System Collapse - All of Graha's Satellites throw themselves at random enemies and explode.

3: Space Distortion
Graha disconnects his head from his body and places it on the ground. It dispenses a field of distorted space which redirects enemy bullets and projectiles into a random direction away from it, with the possibility of hitting other enemies. This ability consumes 2 Satellites. Graha's satellites are tied to his head, meaning that if it's active, he only gets their buffs while inside Space Distortion's radius.

Energy drain - 10/s 
Radius - 10 m 

Augment mod: Quantum Moons - Graha's satellites share their buffs with allies standing within Space Distortion's radius.

4: Critical Mass
Graha turns his head into a black hole, sucking enemies in and tearing them apart with its sheer gravity. If Graha's head is disconnected from his body, then his neck turns into a white hole, which pushes out enemies that were sucked into the black hole. This ability consumes 6 Satellites.

Energy - 70
Radius - 20
Damage - 1000/s (Pure)
Duration - 11 s

Augment mod: Event Horizon - Enemies killed inside the black hole's radius have a 70% chance to drop additional loot

There are a couple issues I can see.

None of your abilities work without satellites from their 1, but the satellites from their 1 only last 10 seconds. Additionally it only spawns 2 satelites at base without mods and has a maximum cap of 8 with mods (if satellite casts do not stack). This means that without any mods your warframe is unable to cast their 3rd or 4th powers from missing satelites.

Unless casts of Satellites stack, meaning you need to cast their 1 multiple time within 10 seconds to build up enough satellites. If this is the case you need to cast their 1 four times before you can cast their 4, meaning to cast their 4 you need 200 energy. Which means that without mods you cannot cast their 4 without picking up 2 energy orbs before your satellites run out as the maximum amout of energy this warframe can have is 150.

And then their 3 straight up prevents you from casting any other abilities while it's active by disabling the 1st ability. Your 3 disables the rest of their kit making them a single ability warframe if you use it.

It's a really neat theme and a cool concept, but it just doesn't work and severly limits what the warframe can do by design. 

20 минут назад, Arcsyrine сказал:

None of your abilities work without satellites from their 1, but the satellites from their 1 only last 10 seconds. Additionally it only spawns 2 satelites at base without mods and has a maximum cap of 8 with mods (if satellite casts do not stack). This means that without any mods your warframe is unable to cast their 3rd or 4th powers from missing satelites.

Unless casts of Satellites stack, meaning you need to cast their 1 multiple time within 10 seconds to build up enough satellites. If this is the case you need to cast their 1 four times before you can cast their 4, meaning to cast their 4 you need 200 energy. Which means that without mods you cannot cast their 4 without picking up 2 energy orbs before your satellites run out as the maximum amout of energy this warframe can have is 150.

And then their 3 straight up prevents you from casting any other abilities while it's active by disabling the 1st ability. Your 3 disables the rest of their kit making them a single ability warframe if you use it.

It's a really neat theme and a cool concept, but it just doesn't work and severly limits what the warframe can do by design. 

Satellites stack. They can be produced until they reach the max amount of 8.
4 can be cast while 3 is active, though it does override 3.
And yeah, about the energy... i should definitely decrease the cost of 4 since it already costs multiple satellite casts

21 минуту назад, Arcsyrine сказал:

I fixed some stuff.

With Space Distortion no longer disabling his satellites it makes his kit much more usable.

For his Satellites I would make the number based off Duration and remove the timer entirely like Nova's Null Stars. I would also make the maximum amount scale up as well. This would make his kit much more fluid, energy efficient, and less needing to spam cast his 1 every few seconds. They don't need to expire because his other abilities reduce the number he has.

I don't think they need to explode either as they already offer damage reduction and power his other abilities. His System Collapse could be used as the explosion. Cost 1 satellite and shoot it where you're aiming spining any others around him knocking enemies back. Call it Rogue Planet or something like that. Maybe shooting them into Critical Mass increases its radius? 

Solid theme to build off of and his passive is something players have been wanting built into warframes for years.

1 час назад, Arcsyrine сказал:

With Space Distortion no longer disabling his satellites it makes his kit much more usable.

For his Satellites I would make the number based off Duration and remove the timer entirely like Nova's Null Stars. I would also make the maximum amount scale up as well. This would make his kit much more fluid, energy efficient, and less needing to spam cast his 1 every few seconds. They don't need to expire because his other abilities reduce the number he has.

I don't think they need to explode either as they already offer damage reduction and power his other abilities. His System Collapse could be used as the explosion. Cost 1 satellite and shoot it where you're aiming spining any others around him knocking enemies back. Call it Rogue Planet or something like that. Maybe shooting them into Critical Mass increases its radius? 

Solid theme to build off of and his passive is something players have been wanting built into warframes for years.

I think that the problem with making Satellites permanent is the possibility of players running around with permanent 95% damage reduction without the need to reapply anything. I guess i could nerf the damage reduction and add a secondary function.

3 часа назад, Arcsyrine сказал:

Reworked. Again.

1 hour ago, mohitoNonalco said:

the problem with making Satellites permanent is the possibility of players running around with permanent 95% damage reduction

True, but with the current setup you lose all satellites from one cast at the same time. Which forces you to spam cast Satellites every few seconds, really limiting build diversity. You essentially need to build for efficiency or all his energy will be spent maintaining satellites instead of using other abilities. 

What if the total number of satellites decreased by 1 every 15-20 seconds? This would solve the permanent damage reduction, while also ensuring that you don't lose the entire buff at once and slows down how often you need to cast Satellites. 

Other than that I think you have a great concept that would be interesting to play and has the potential for some unique builds.

Archived