The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mods] Allow Downgrading Mod Rank After Upgrading

NikolaiLev

DE stated before that if they were allow you to down grade a mod it would be permanent. This has been asked for for months and tbh I'm happy that DE said they would break your mod and you get no refund.

I'm not being sarcastic.

I don't see any reason why this is a good thing.  People above have expressed how much they like the idea, as it gets rid of a lot of tedium, especially when you need a lower rank mod for a newer weapon, or a different configuration.

GOOD for you :)

I feel you missed the point of my post. I was pointing out that when the developers said that having to level multiple instances of the same mod added more consequence, this actually meant that the only consequence of this was variety in the game, which players should never have to grind for. If they wanted it to truly add consequences past 'i must grind more', they need to make consequences and benefits for specialization, not make players take a bunch of time redistributing their loadouts before playing.

If the slide bar is come up to use. The easiest way, in my opinion, is to show the point as

| Used/Max point |

Ex. your weapon have 5 point max now, and you put 7 point mod in... the mod will still placeable which the bar point will show as

| 7 (in red color)/5 (as a max point) |

So you can put any mod into it and feel free to adjust but you can't exit the arsenal until you adjust it to not over the max point.

This will solve the problem that you have to put out and put in again and again.

Edited by biomachine

Or you could simply keep different levels of the same mods around like i do. Of course this is easy with common and uncommon mods but rare mods is harder.

As you've said, that's all well and good for smaller, less important mods, but rare ones...you're just wasting millions of fusion cores.

Yeah, this has been suggested before and I still like this idea so much :)

Before, implementing this wouldve simply been a really nice addition to save a bit of time.

However, now this idea is pretty much NECESSARY! Why?

Because of the Corrupted mods!

They are hard to find, they are of the type Rare (meaning, really expensive and timeconsuming to level up) AND they have negative effects on them that also scale with the ranks of the mod, which highly affects how you wanna do your modbuilds. Not being able to simply downrank/uprank them back and forth at a whim when these mods got added has thus taken the grinding of this game to a whole new level :/

I've been thinking of this idea for a while now, lol +1

- Go to put in mod

- Drag it into installation

- Use mouse wheel/arrow keys while holding left click on it to adjust it to the proper level you want to use

This would do away with people having hundreds of duplicates of mods for each level/rank. Then people would only have duplicates in the event they want their sentinel weapon to be modded as well