Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable To Log In Past The Launcher (Internet Name Not Resolved)

Masikota

After flushing dns, and /renew -ing, I tried this:

I fixed it by making sure all of my Warframe files were in exlucded files, and made sure they were being sandboxed, or isolated. Then I went into the Warframe file inside of Steam, and found the launcher, ran as admin, it downloaded maybe 10-20mb, closed it, then launched the game from Steam, this appeared to fix my connection with server issue.

Regarding the so called "DNS resolving problems":

It is no Windows 7 problem if you've restartet your computer and your internet connection works.

For example - not being able to resolve the DNS would mean you are not online.

But if you are in fact online and everything else works just fine - the DNS server would have a problem.

Since your ISP has a DNS server and several backups, not to mention the public, regional DNS servers - you can pretty much ignore that - it's impossible for all of them to give out at once.

So what's left is the server connection on DE's end.

Of course - there is the completely ridiculous idea that they might have changed their domain name or IP (and did NOT update the DNS server (error)) - which is highly unlikely and even if it does in fact occur, is done so rarely on one server.

So you can pretty much ignore it once it happens a second time after it worked again for a short while.

Which again - leaves the server connection on DE's end or the programming of the launcher / login code.

Either way - there's not much you can do after you've restartet your PC ("have you tried turning it off and on again?") and checked your internet connection ;)

Note that "ipconfig /flushdns" simply attempts to clear the dns cache of windows. The dns cache is used so windows does not have to look up "google.de" and "warframe.com" and translate it into IPs over and over again.

But sadly there is a known bug for windows 7 where flushing the dns cache does not work - simply restart your computer since that does "forcibly" erase the dns cashe at system start.

Edited by KuroSenshi

• 1 month later...

Summary of checks and steps that worked for me (for PC):

1. If you have firewall, make sure you allow warframe through (you may have an easier time if you just allow UPnP. Make sure your router supports this and is enabled as well)

2. If you have some behavior blocker (NOT same things as firewall!!), makes sure Warframe's exe's including launcher, is added to exclusion list (somebody mentioned that above too).

3. If you have steam, start steam first. Then Warframe. Don't launch warframe directly. If you accidentally start warframe directly and has network problem with launcher, close both launcher and steam (exit completely, not just minimizing it) and restart (steam first again)

4. in console, execute "ipconfig /flushdns" before starting launcher. (could be useful to create a batch file that executes this then start the launcher)

These are just from my experience which solves at least a couple of different problems with launcher in general. Hope something here helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same issue had occured to me, "Internet_Name_Not_Resolve." This happened a few minutes ago in my launcher, and I am deeply concerened of what might result to my recently obtained flow mod, and an argon crystal, which the problem started in mid-game t2d void after I got cut off. May this result also alter my acount? Thx for helping

Edited by kmetaskull

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has been happening to me also, I've done everything I could possibly think of, verifying the cache, reinstalling the game, flushing dns, port-forwarding on windows firewall and my router, running as admin, running in compatibility mode, changing the ports the game uses etc. The game runs fine on my brother's PC on the same network and I can log in fine and play without problems on my other PC on a different network. Warframe is the only game on this PC that's having any problems whatsoever network-wise so I'm really at a loss for what to do now.