Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod A Saryn.

solidbeard

Question

Sounds dirty I know, but I am trying to figure out a decent build. Miasmi seems to be really the only skill *worth* using in the long run so was try to maximize this as much as possible, however I am open to other ideas. I heard Contagion works pretty good on a Galatine charge attk but would like to hear more feedback on that.

I love Saryn cause she looks cool and I enjoy playing her (been on my favorites frames) but would like to do some higher end content with her. I am willing forma or whatever so that is np. Would love to hear/see peoples build. Thanks!

Edited by solidhope

9 answers to this question

Sounds dirty I know, but I am trying to figure out a decent build. Miasmi seems to be really the only skill *worth* using in the long run so was try to maximize this as much as possible, however I am open to other ideas. I heard Contagion works pretty good on a Galatine charge attk but would like to hear more feedback on that.

I love Saryn cause she looks cool and I enjoy playing her (been on my favorites frames) but would like to do some higher end content with her. I am willing forma or whatever so that is np. Would love to hear/see peoples build. Thanks!

I like saryn too :3

Uhm, apart from the 4 power mods (yes I use them.....maybe not contagion but eh), I use:

• Flow
  • Streamline
  • Redirection
  • Vitality
  • Rush
  • Focus

Yeah, looks pretty standard, but I don't have any better mods to replace either focus or streamline with.

And I use venom more than miasma :3

Well Venom is pretty bad it just does not scale well from what I can tell. I was thinking about a Rage + Quick Thinking (if I can ever get Quick Thinking). I don't use Redirection atm because of Rage, but might use it. Have not decided.

Edited by solidhope

Well Venom is pretty bad it just does not scale well from what I can well. I was thinking about a Rage + Quick Thinking (if I can ever get Quick Thinking). I don't use Redirection atm because of Rage but might use it. Have not decided.

Yeah, vitality is better for saryn because of the (relatively) high hp.

I'm using redirection because...well, d-polarity lol (and I used it for my excal so why not?)

I don't have rage or quick thinking yet....

Venom is just bad on low-levels.

Edited by Syzodia

Agree, since Saryn's high HPs i would use Rage + Quick Thinking combo on her...

About powers i would equip only Miasma and Molt (must try Contagion + Galatine/Glaive for some fun too)

So i would end up trying this:

- Miasma

- Molt

- Contagion

- Flow

- Streamline

- Focus

- Rage

- Quick Thinking

- Vitality

- *Free Slot* (can be Rush, Vigor, Continuity, Blind Rage, etc)

Agree, since Saryn's high HPs i would use Rage + Quick Thinking combo on her...

About powers i would equip only Miasma and Molt (must try Contagion + Galatine/Glaive for some fun too)

So i would end up trying this:

- Miasma

- Molt

- Contagion

- Flow

- Streamline

- Focus

- Rage

- Quick Thinking

- Vitality

- *Free Slot* (can be Rush, Vigor, Continuity, Blind Rage, etc)

I don't think Contagion works on Glaive anymore, according to some wiki posts I read anyways....

I also thought about Blind Rage, but I heard that duration effects Miasmi damage so I was hesitant to use it.

Edited by solidhope

I don't think Contagion works on Glaive anymore, according to some wiki posts I read anyways....

I also thought about Blind Rage, but I heard that duration effects Miasmi damage so I was hesitant to use it.

Blind Rage, as well as Chlora Helmets, are controversial... some posts says that a reduced duration will actually increase DPS... because dmg done will stay the same but done in less time... some other say that dmg will be lowered...

i dont really know what to believe about power duration/miasma issue.

About contagion it should be "easy to test" on glaive... wiki's description says it works... i'll try it with an unmodded Glaive once i'm home and let you know...

Edited by Phoenix86

The duration damage bug on Saryn's Miasma was fixed if I recall correctly, though I'm kinda lazy to test it out.

If you are interested in an alternative interesting build,

You can opt for melee build if you have the necessary mods,

Option 1

Contagion,

*Moult / Rush (both are optional if you don't mind using Hermlock Helmet only), if you don't use either of the mod you can go with Sure Footed Mod,

*Fortitude, ( Grand total of 80% resistance to knockdown if you are the host )

Streamline,

Blind Rage,

Vitality,

Rage,

Quick Thinking,

Flow,

Focus.

Option 2

Contagion,

Vitality,

Rage,

Quick Thinking,

Rush,

Sure Footed,

Flow,

Focus,

Blind Rage,

Narrow Minded.

It is important you have at least one knockdown resistance mod or recovery mod for your melee build, since less downtime equals to more time to slice your enemies.

For my CC Support build, I would focus on duration more than damage against high level enemies.

Option 1  (Rhino "FANG" Girl)

Miasma,

Vitality,

Rage,

Stretch,

Quick Thinking,

Rush,

Focus,

Flow,

Narrow Minded,

OverExtended.

Honestly, I would substitute Rush mod with Moult since I can just use a Fast Melee weapon for traveling. 8 seconds stun and moult to draw attention of enemies away temporarily.

Option 2 ( For defense mission )

Miasma,

Venom,

Flow,

Focus,

Vitality,

Rage,

Quick Thinking,

Narrow Minded,

Streamline,

Stretch.

Same as option 1, 8 seconds stun for you to pop as many spores as possible. Even so, this build is only very effective in infested defense mission as other factions are more spread out, the range of Miasma won't be able to reach most of the enemies.

I hope you like the builds~

P.S I still don't have enough fusion cores, Quick Thinking and OverExtended Mod to make my dream build =(

Edited by Leriel