Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss] Infested Grineer

Arneld

http://cfile238.uf.daum.net/image/2745E948527DEC011E3D30 img to help

Appearance 

* Left side - infested grineer ( Mostly upper side - some of his face and totally infested left arm )

* Left arm is changed like hammer. ( no armor on left side )

* Has Heavy machine gun

Unique feature

* Left arm (Infested) and Grineer both has there own hp.

( They are fighting each other to take control of body )

Phase 1

1. Scatter Bullets ( Machine gun )

lift his gun hardly and scatter bullets to target ( normal damage/ large spread -- but high dmg if target is near )

2. Gun Swing ( Machine gun ) 

Swing his gun horizontally. ( Knock back )

3. Stomp ( Left arm )

Jump to target, and swings his Infested Left Arm straight  ( Stagger in radius )

4. Grab ( Left arm )

Grabs warframe for 5 seconds.

Grabbed warframe could only use his secondary weapon.

Can make him drop warframe from his hand by giving some dmg to "Left Arm"

Gives some dmg per sec.

Other pattern will keep go along, even though warframe has been grabbed.

(you will be stomped in the ground if u are lucky :P )

Phase 2

If Infested(Left arm) or Grineers hp gap is more than 10%, phase 2 will be activated.

*Infested hp > Grineer hp

pattern 'Scatter Bullets will turn into 'Venom Spray'.

pattern speed will goes up.

pattern delays will be decreased.

5. Venom Spray.

Sprays toxic 3 times to targeted area.

toxic will left for few second in that area.

( This toxic will have highly dps - dmg per second - than normal toxic )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Infested hp < Grineer hp

pattern 'Stomp' will turn into 'Penetration'

pattern dmg will increased.

pattern accuracy will increase (Better AI may be)

pattern 'Scatter Bullet' will spread less ( high accuracy, high damage)

6. Penetration

Lift his gun and aim for 1 sec than shoot slowly. ( One by one - can dodge by running or sliding )

dmg will go straight to hp, ignoring shield.

Phase 3

If one of them dies first, phase 3 will be activated.

*Infested dead

=Grineer throw his Left arm - toxic will spread in large area ( high dps / Warning )

pattern 'Stomp' will turn into 'Penetration'

pattern dmg will increased.

pattern accuracy will increase (Better AI may be)

pattern 'Scatter Bullet' will spread less ( high accuracy, high damage per shot - so run ! )

+pattern 'Grab' will be turn into 'Back attack'

7. Back attack

Grineer teleports to warframe's behind and swing his gun very hard in BIG motion. (knock back)

'Scatter Bullets' will go after this pattern.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Grineer dead

=Grineer drop his gun and left arm  sprays 'Blind Toxic' in every direction.

( needs to turn back or hide. Gives blind for 3 sec / Warning )

pattern 'Scatter Bullets will turn into 'Venom Spray'.

pattern speed will goes up.

pattern delays will be decreased.

+pattern 'Swing' will turn into 'Charge'

8. Charge
hits the ground with his left arm (stagger to all ), and charge to the target. (knock down / Extremely high dmg )

Tactics
Check both parts hp and try to make them equal
Edited by Arneld

interesting, I like the concept of having a boss where you can't just wildly shoot, and you have to manage the boss's HP. then again, depending on how high the boss's level is, some powerful weapons may still be able to tear through it and bypass all the cool phase stuff. although it sounds like you're supposed to avoid phase 2, so, maybe that's fine. the alternative to this is to make it so that you can't just defeat the boss outright from phase 1 (like the lephantis, where after the first phase, then you can actually defeat it). basically don't have the HP carry over into phase 3, such that phase 3 has its own HP pool. I suppose that works. the design for the beast would be pretty cool, too, it sounds like. plus, long-ranged infested! (sort of. although technically not, since it would be the grineer half that's shooting..ah, never mind the technicalities)

I like the idea of the new interaction with the grab. I mean, in the game right now we just get staggered or knocked down. Why not add a grab animation? 

Imagine leapers flying at you and if they do manage to hit you, they whack your face while you're on your back. Lol

Interesting, a boss that encourages careful balancing of enemy health instead of just spraying with high DPS weapons. Still, I'd prefer that gimmick to be reserved for the Sisters.

Not liking the grab idea unless you can still shoot while grabbed, since it sounds like really annoying stunlock.

I'm not too sure on the whole phase structure honestly, since it is encouraged to keep the boss' health balanced and AVOID going into the other two phases. Here's a thought. What if, when one half of the boss is killed, if the other half is not killed in 3 seconds, the surviving half takes over, heals completely and begins its respective phase 3? Meanwhile, if you keep their health balanced for long enough, such has having both of them within the 10% range while both are below half health, the two halves may call "truce" and work together to kill you first, resulting in an alternate Phase 3?

Interesting, a boss that encourages careful balancing of enemy health instead of just spraying with high DPS weapons. Still, I'd prefer that gimmick to be reserved for the Sisters.

Not liking the grab idea unless you can still shoot while grabbed, since it sounds like really annoying stunlock.

I'm not too sure on the whole phase structure honestly, since it is encouraged to keep the boss' health balanced and AVOID going into the other two phases. Here's a thought. What if, when one half of the boss is killed, if the other half is not killed in 3 seconds, the surviving half takes over, heals completely and begins its respective phase 3? Meanwhile, if you keep their health balanced for long enough, such has having both of them within the 10% range while both are below half health, the two halves may call "truce" and work together to kill you first, resulting in an alternate Phase 3?

Well phase3 is mostly has high damage patterns to KILL who didnt pay attention on hp. So its more like time attack than a new pattern.

But yeah, giving full hp in phase 3 is a nice idea if it has some videos and appearance change, but if not..... :(

Edited by Arneld

interestin, I like the concept of having a boss where you can't just wildly shoot, and you have to manage the boss's HP. then again, depending on how high the boss's level is, some powerful weapons may still be able to tear through it and bypass all the cool phase stuff. although it sounds like you're supposed to avoid phase 2, so, maybe that's fine. the alternative to this is to make it so that you can't just defeat the boss outright from phase 1 (like the lephantis, where after the first phase, then you can actually defeat it). basically don't have the HP carry over into phase 3, such that phase 3 has its own HP pool. I suppose that works. the design for the beast would be pretty cool, too, it sounds like. plus, long-ranged infested! (sort of. although technically not, since it would be the grineer half that's shooting..ah, never mind the technicalities)

i commented about the phase 3 above :)

Edited by Arneld

Well most of the users will fail to control the hp

1. this game doesn't show two hp bar at once. 

2. you have to rescue your team who has been grabbed (need to deal Left Arm)
3. Also the armor type is different ( infested/Grineer ) so that dmg given to Left Arm and Grineer will also different by your weapon

:)